For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
berryice42's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, September 26th, 2019 4:32 PM

Closed

Can't send or receive MMS images while on WiFi

My husband and I both have brand new Samsung Note 10s. While on WiFi, I am not able to send or receive pictures but he is. Is there a setting on my phone that I can change or is my phone defective?

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

It's not sad that AT&T refuses to fix this, it is criminal. I told them during my last 611 call on the issue that they either fix it or give me a statement credit each month for their incompetence. They briefly had it fixed on our phones in September, after I kept chasing after them about it, but then it started happening again. There is no excuse for this problem. It is a coding problem and nothing else. They need to be held accountable. DEMAND that they fix it when you call, and keep calling until they do it.

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I found a solution several years ago on an older Samsung Note. It was a setting that I am thinking was a developer setting. However, whenever they do a forced update, they break it again and I do not remember how to fix it and have not been able to find where it was documented, in some forum.

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

We have been having the same problem with our son's for sometime. But for me, its not just pictures that won't load,but regular text messages also, often from group texts. Its is problematic. Might have to leave samsung after this....is it just samsung phones and at&t? Or an At&t issue and any phone on their network?

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I've been experiencing the same issue on my Galaxy S10e. My home is in an AT&T deadzone so I have to use WiFi for calls and texts, but my phone frequently fails to download both individual and group messages over WiFi.

This is extremely frustrating, and it has caused serious communication issues with work, friends, and family. It's unacceptable that AT&T hasn't found a solution to this problem that's apparently been known about for months.

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

popping by to say I'm also having this problem! keep the thread alive!

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

It's important to note that I only had issues downloading MMS over wifi from another AT&T user when I was on wifi. I had no issues sending the AT&T user MMS and them receiving them nor did I experience any issues when doing the same thing with other people that had service through different carriers. I believe that there is a fix for this issue without having to delete your messaging data and cache. If you don't want to here the back story then simply complete the wifi calling setup since some of us may have cancelled midway through the setup because we didn't want to use that feature.

That being said, I read someone where in a forum that a user was able to restore the ability to download MMS over wifi by finishing the wifi calling setup. What got my attention was they mentioned that they cancelled the wifi calling setup midway through and I thought that just sounded ridiculous because I too cancelled the wifi calling midway through recently after it tried to automatically set itself up. I've been on Android 10 for a while without any type of MMS downloading issues over wifi and now I have issues so I figured it wouldn't hurt to finish the wifi calling setup and then manually turn it off as the other AT&T user did.

At first it didn't work and I noticed that wifi calling turned itself back on as I was attempting to download a MMS but I turned it off while the download was underway leaving only wifi enabled and resent the MMS with a successful download over wifi. I wasn't satisfied with one successful download so sent another 4 MMS just to make sure that it wasn't just a coincidence.

If that doesn't work then make sure to backup your messages because some users have reported deleting there messaging data and cache to restore normal functionality. Once you do that then restart the phone and hopefully that will work. 

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

@ATTHelp I just upgraded from the S10 to the S20+ and I SILL cannot retrieve MMS over wifi. My home is a dead zone, so I have to be on wifi-calling. I even had you guys replace my S10 because no one seemed to understand why theses messages were not loading. What's the ETA on getting this fixed? 

Former Moderator

• 

697 Messages

3 years ago

Dear Community Members, 

We request you to create a new post, as this post seems to be one year old. As per AT&T Community guidelines, this post shall be closed. Have a great day. 

Regards, 
AT&T Moderator

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.