Need your talk or text logs?
T

• 

7 Messages

Sunday, June 21st, 2020 12:52 PM

Can’t send MMS - 6/21/20

I am a new customer and i wish I had found this forum. This is madness. I can’t believe as a company they have had a known issue with MMS for so long. I just got service yesterday and before I got the service I told the sales guy I was having issues with MMS because Straight Talk uses their network to provide service and they couldn’t resolve my MMS issue. Guy in the store assured me I would be fine. HE LIED!! He told me he tested it and it was working. I left the store and my Internet wasn’t even working so I KNOW MMS want working. I had to call customer service and they walked me thru deleting Straight Talks profile and the Internet works now, but MMS doesn’t.  I called back to tech support and the lady put in a ticket.  She said to give this 24 to 48 hours. If this doesn’t work, I’m leaving. I’m going to shop around now. Their is no way I’m paying for service and can’t fully use it. This has been an issue long enough and it should have been resolved by now and this is NOT an apple issue.   Smh 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

4 years ago

Your post is not clear. Are you using Straight Talk for service, or are you an AT&T customer?

If data doesn't work, of course MMS doesn't. 

Are you using a phone that is branded for AT&T, or a different carrier branded phone? 

It is a known problem that using a phone branded for a different carrier may not be able to have APNs set that will work on AT&T...

This is an incompatibility with your phone and not a fault with AT&T.

If you are using a non-branded phone that is AT&T compatible, or an AT&T branded phone MMS works just fine.  In some cases the APN settings must be programed.   Phones that are made for us North America and voice over LTE compatible with AT&T usually are ready out of the box with no reprogramming required

Did you purchase the correct plan?  Which one? 

(edited)

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

I am a new customer with AT&T. I switched from straight talk. I have an IPhone XS Max. I have a GSM unlocked phone.  I’ve always been able to send and receive MMS on my unlocked devices.  I was assured by the AT&T salesman I would have no issues.  I know MMS won’t work without data that’s why I said the guy at the store lies. He said he tested things and I was able to send send MMS which wasn’t true because I ended up having to call customer service and the lady walked me thru removing the old company’s profile. While I am able to access data, I still can’t send MMS. I can receive MMS from androids and iPhones. The only way I can send any MMS is if I have IMessage turned on to send to an iPhone. If I turn it off, I can’t send any MMS, but I still receive MMS from people. I see this has been an ongoing issue with AT&T and I am looking for a fix.  

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

@tag803

An iPhone is an iPhone is an iPhone.  Unless it's from a foreign country.

The Xs is Universal device if made for the North American market.

If we assume that it is a phone that was made for North America, There is absolutely no reason it will not work on AT&T, so there was no lie on the part of whoever it was that switch you to AT&T.

Obviously there is something wrong, did AT&T run you through all of the troubleshooting steps?     

I suspect that either your number was not ported properly or your account not provisioned properly

I also asked you what plan you were on. If you did not purchase a plan that is specifically designed for phones, then you would have problems...... 

So what talk text and data plan are you on? 

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

7 Messages

He sold me the Unlimited Plus plan . I say he lied because he states d he tested my pic messages and it was working. Their was no way that was true if when I left the store I had no access to data. He also claimed he sent a test message to his co worker with an android and the of worker said he didn’t get it then he proceeds to tell me to step outside so he can tell me why it wasn’t working. He said his cop worked gave him the wrong number and he know this because they do group chats. If he couldn’t get it to work he should have said so. He went they the device and tried deactivating stuff. Not sure what he did. All I know is I had no data and he he assured me I would have no issues with the plan I got. I can take it a step further and tel u I know for a fact it wasn’t working because he had 2 working phones in front of me I could clearly see him text from my phone and the text went thru, but I didn’t see not one MMS come thru.  I know ports can sometimes take a while and I waited to see if it would kick in and it didn’t. That prompted me to call customer device and they help me delete the old carrier profile, but i still couldn’t use MMS. I still can’t. I can still receive MMS from anyone. The guy in the store attempted trouble shooting and the agents over the phone. The last rep says “rest assured” in 24/48 hrs my issue will be resolved because she put in a trouble ticket. That was yesterday. I asked if I needed to call back she said no. This time tomorrow will be 48 hrs. I can only assume the reps checked all they were suppose to during the trouble shooting steps. 💁🏽‍♀️I don’t stay close to the store so it’s rather inconvenient to travel back, but if i need to i will. I need my MMS to work because sometimes I have to submit medical docs to certain numbers for health reasons. I’m looking for any help I can get. 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

Unless data is turned off, there is no reason  it won't work.  You have to talk to tech support. 

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

7 Messages

Thanks! I will try them again and see what they say after my 48 hrs is up. 😩

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

Do you have data at all? 

I'm suspecting your number wasn't ported over completely.    It can depend on which carrier you used last.  Number port problems cause big headaches, and seem to magically resolve themselves.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.