Learn how you can get the iPhone 13 now!
sgendi's profile

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

Wed, Jul 20, 2016 4:18 PM

Canada Roaming Bonus not showing in myAT&T?

We are traveling to Canada in two days so I called a few days back to have the Canada roaming bonus added to my 4 phones. Retentions said they added it but when I signed into my account the next day it wasn't there.

So, I talked to chat and they said that it was pending still. The next day I contacted chat again and they said they would look into it and have somebody call me the next day -- I never got a call so I called Retentions back.

The guy I spoke to put me on hold and went to have his manager add it. However, when he came back a few minutes later, he said it had already been added.

From what I've seen from other people, they have been able to view the Canada roaming bonus through myAT&T, while I can't. I'm just worried that I am going to go to Toronto and come back with a ton of roaming fees lol.

Anyone know why it isn't showing up in myAT&T? I appreciate the help.
Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

15.8K Messages

5 y ago

Look on the web on the computer and not just the phone app.

Go to WIRELESS -> VIEW MY PLAN & FEATURES -> Then click on MANAGE for each device and see what features they have for each phone line.

The summary page does not list every feature for each phone, you must click manage.

When solved / helped, please mark your question as solved by clicking "Accept solution". This helps other people to find an answer more quickly.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

5 y ago

Thanks for the response garylapointe. When I click manage for each phone it still isn't showing there. Does this mean it hasn't been added? Something similar to this shows up for each phone, with no mention of the Canada Roaming Bonus.

Screen Shot 2016-07-20 at 11.53.59 AM.png

Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

15.8K Messages

5 y ago

@sgendi Yeah, I can see it on mine right up there under "my current features".

To me that's one of those services that while you are on the phone you should be able to log out and log back in and immediatly see it (my experience).

I think whenever anyone has said it'll appear later (a feature, a credit, etc.) it's never shown up.  It's either there before I hang up or it's not.

Call back, don't even explain you've added it before. Just ask them to add it, you can see it's not there.  IF they insist it's there, ask them to mirror you on the web site and have them explain to you where they see it (because they won't).

Be patient with them, this is not a feature that they have to give to you (it's not part of the mobile share plan). But I've never heard of anyone being denied it.

You do have a mobile share plan, right?

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

5 y ago

Thanks for the help. I just called back and they confirmed it is showing up on their end, despite it not showing through myAT&T. They said it was added on the 17th, which is when I originally called them. Weird...I have a feeling we are going to deal with the billing department once we return from Toronto. And yes, we have the 15GB mobile share plan with 4 lines.
pgrey

ACE - Master

• 

3.5K Messages

5 y ago

I see it the same way @Gary L does, and mine showed up immediately, the same as mentioned, while I was talking to them.

Just another point of data, but I think I'd call them back, and have them explain why you can't see it?  I'd have a regular CSR (not retentions) see if they can see it from their view (I bet they can't/don't).

If regular CSR can't, they can conference in retentions, and I bet you'll have more success at ironing it out.

I don't think I'd wait, once a bunch of charges pile up, it'll be a big headache, I'm sure they'll say, "well, in your contract...", and you'll have no proof that anything was ever on your account.

*If this (or another post in this thread) fixes your problem/issue, please mark it as solved, and I'll tag it, to make it easier for others to find the answer(s). Thanks.

Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

15.8K Messages

5 y ago

Very weird.

I'm with @pgrey, have them explain why.  And like I said previously, have them mirror you so they can see it's not on there...

jt212s

Professor

• 

1.1K Messages

5 y ago

It should show up immediately. You may want to call and ask them when the effective date of the feature is showing up as in the billing system. If they looked in the notes, sure, they'll see that on the 17th the feature code was added by whoever, but under your features, they should be able to find the feature code and see what day it goes into effect. The rep could've mistakenly changed the effective date for the feature code to be a future date.

I would call retentions (I know for sure they have direct access to the billing system, when I worked there some customer care centers had had direct access taken away, not sure if that's still the case), and politely ask them to double check the effective date of the feature.

Justin

If this solved your problem, please consider accepting this as the solution so that it can help others in the future. Please remember that this is a customer forum and all of the answers we provide are through our own research, experience, or personal knowledge.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

5 y ago

Thanks for all of the help guys! I appreciate all of your responses.

I was going to give retentions another shot but it was passed 10pm when I got home tonight so they were already closed. So, I talked to chat and got transferred to someone else (who may have been in retentions? The guy I originally spoke with called it their "unified team").

She looked into my account/did some research and then said "Upon careful reviewed your account, I see here that you already have it on your account. Rest assure that you can use it on Friday."

So, I asked if she knew why it wasn't showing up on myAT&T. She said she will double check it for me and, a few minutes later, she typed "I already exhausted my resources to mirror it on your account online, how ever there is no option to view it on your account online. I can guarantee you that it is already included on your mobile features and rest assure that you can already use it. As much as I want to walk you through to your account online for you to see it, I am afraid there is no option for that."

To what I responded "Ok that is fine! So, just to confirm, we have unlimited talk and text and 1GB of data each while roaming in Canada? On all 4 lines?"

And she responded, "You are correct!"

I saved the transcript of the chat as a PDF so if I have issues at the end of the month with billing I will just contact AT&T again. She also mentioned at the end of the chat that everything was notated on my account, which is reassuring.

Since I've talked to retentions a few times and chat a few times and they all said it is there, I guess I should just take their word for it. Not exactly sure what the deal is with myAT&T, retentions on the phone earlier didn't understand why it wasn't showing up either since it was showing in their system.

I think I'm just going to wait and see what happens at the end of my bill cycle (which ironically just started a day or two ago).

Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

15.8K Messages

5 y ago

This is very weird.  I'll be happy to be wrong, but I see it as being problematic later.

You tried, and they should be able to backdate things escpecially since you clearly tried.

Please update us later with what happens....

pgrey

ACE - Master

• 

3.5K Messages

5 y ago

I'm with @Gary L, it sounds a little smoke-screen-ish to me, weird that they couldn't show you, if it's there, and a number of us can see it fine.

The saved conversation is a good idea though, it gives you a jumping-off point, if you have to get into it with biling.

Let us know how it goes, I'm pretty sure a number of us are really interested now ;-]

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

5 y ago

Lol I feel like I always run into issues with billing/customer service, guess I'm just unlucky. I feel like there's a good chance it will be problematic too but who knows, maybe the universe will work in my favor this time.

Worst case scenario, I just contact retentions at the end of the month rather than calling them again before I leave on Friday. And yeah @pgrey, exactly what I was thinking about the saved conversation.

On the bright side at least I will not have to go 10 days or so without my phone. It's been a few years since I went to Toronto but that trip definitely made me realize how dependent I am on my phone.

I'll let you guys know what happens. I was thinking the same thing @Gary L about them backdating things if it doesn't work out.

jt212s

Professor

• 

1.1K Messages

5 y ago

Another place you could check to see if it's on your account is your detailed usage. To the right of the pie chart, you should have a section called Additional Usage that should have a category for other data and show a plan with 1024mb available. You may have to click the little view more thing to see it. If that's there, you're good to go. You should also see the 1024mb as a seperate data bucket if you dial *3282#.

Do let us know if that shows you anything different. If I was you, since you keep getting weird info and because of the situation, I personally would reach out to @ATTMobilityCare (click the username to open a pre-addressed private message) and ask them to double check for you. So maybe try the website detailed usage or *3282# above and if that doesn't show it, work with them to see if maybe the effective date is wrong, etc. or if the website is just trying to trick you. 🙂

Justin

If this solved your problem, please consider accepting this as the solution so that it can help others in the future. Please remember that this is a customer forum and all of the answers we provide are through our own research, experience, or personal knowledge.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

5 y ago

When I dial *3282# nothing comes up regarding the Canada Roaming Bonus or 1024MB of data. Additionally, nothing appears on myAT&T when I go to detailed usage.

I'm definitely starting to more strongly feel that it wasn't added to my account. I just sent a PM to ATTMobilityCare so hopefully they can figure out what is going on.

Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

15.8K Messages

5 y ago

@sgendi   When does your next billing period start?

(I'm removing my other comment about delayed info showing up at *data#, it was when I switched form Canada to NA that it took a few days to sort out at *data#)

I think it's all always shown up right away on the web before I hang up.

pgrey

ACE - Master

• 

3.5K Messages

5 y ago

@sgendi wrote:

When I dial *3282# nothing comes up regarding the Canada Roaming Bonus or 1024MB of data. Additionally, nothing appears on myAT&T when I go to detailed usage.

I'm definitely starting to more strongly feel that it wasn't added to my account. I just sent a PM to ATTMobilityCare so hopefully they can figure out what is going on.

I tried this (mostly because I never had, I just saw it online immediately), and it shows the buckets on my message, although it's obscure, just labeled as two seperate "international usage" buckets.

I think it wasn't added to your account too, given the zero-visibility of the feature, where all of us can see it.  It seems like CS/retentions should be able to show you the mirror today, or figure out why you don't see it?

Mine showed up immediately, mabye a few mintues after or while I was talking to them, I recall that pretty distinctly, because I was getting tired of calling CS and retentions ;-]

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.