Need your talk or text logs?
jlheere's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, March 11th, 2019 11:50 AM

Can parents see visited websites and/or downloaded apps through AT&T Secure Family?

Before I ask this, I'd like to say that there are personal reasons why I'd be visiting things my parents wouldn't like, and they aren't because the sites/apps are inappropriate. I hope you all will understand why I'm not elaborating. I'm worried that if I, for example, visited a website or downloaded an app that they didn't agree with, they would be able to see it from the Secure Family app. Is that possible? I haven't seen a description of the features that includes either, but it also just could not be listed. Thank you!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

3.2K Messages

5 years ago

Actually with secure family they can see everything you browse.

So wrong it's not even funny. You can block websites and apps, and can control the types of content the phone can access, but you can't see what website they're on or what they do on their apps. AT&T Secure Family isn't spyware.

(edited)

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

Too late, you did in the title.    No they can’t see that.    

If your parents are savvy, they’re going to know what’s going on anyway.  

Be glad they care enough to snoop.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

@QuarryRye So if you can block apps, you should at least be able to see any new apps downloaded then, right?

Master

• 

3.2K Messages

5 years ago

@sandblaster Not from Secure Family, no. All you can do is add an app to the list of apps you want blocked. You can't see what apps are already installed or see what the user is doing with those apps.

For example, you can block the phone from downloading Instagram. You can't see what the phone is posting to Instagram, and you can't see if the phone is downloading or using Facebook.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

@QuarryRye wrote:

So wrong it's not even funny. You can block websites and apps, and can control the types of content the phone can access, but you can't see what website they're on or what they do on their apps. AT&T Secure Family isn't spyware.

@QuarryRye 

you are correct and I am wrong there.  I was thinking since it has a VPN built into it you could look at what has been done on the device.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Why can’t I see my child’s web activity and both phones are paired? 

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

so if my mom has secure family and she blocks snapchat and instagram there’s no way i can download it ? & can my mom see what apps i have downloaded 

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Someone wants to see some (Edited per community guidelines)

(edited)

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

So wait let me get this clarified. Can the app see internet history or does it just block what apps can be downloaded in the future,?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.