Need your talk or text logs?
oxzul's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, March 21st, 2011 9:11 PM

Can my parents read my text messages?

I was wondering if my parents could read my text messages online or any other way without physically looking at my phone. Could any replies please also include additional information about the process my parents would procure this information? That would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

7.4K Messages

13 years ago

No they cannot.  Only the time/date, from/to and type are listed.  Not the actual contents.

They would have to take your phone to read the contents.

Now for the parents reading this.  I would suggest is if you ask to see the phone and your refused or all the messages are deleted to prevent them from being inspected you have two choices.  Accept not being able to read them or call ATT and have a messaging block be placed on the line to prevent messaging completely.  Then there can be nothing to hide.

• 

1 Message

If my contact isn't saved to my sim can they see if i text that person? Since the place where they see the texts is the provider of the sim not the phone.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

13 years ago

Thanks a lot Planet Ed!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

13 years ago

Wait, so they can see the time and date I sent them? Is there I way I can get into the account data and delete them?

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

13 years ago

@presh05 wrote:

Wait, so they can see the time and date I sent them? Is there I way I can get into the account data and delete them?

no

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

They may not be able to log onto AT&T to read your texts. HOWEVER,  If they gain access to your iPhone, THEY CAN!  Even with the texts turned off so they dont show while your phone is locked, All someone has to do is ask SIRI to read messages AND SHE WILL! So turn OFF SIRI to keep those text private!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Can they read them on their account on at&t if it's on imessage/online? Does this apply to my iphone if I don't have Siri?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

What about if the text are iMessages? Can they see time/date, who/from and type if it's an iMessage?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Actually there are several apps on the market that can 've put on a device that will allow them to read all messages ie;every word that you send and receive as well as location history and call records ,even your Facebook,and snapshot and so on. Every thing that goes on the phone.

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

8 years ago

@Des0702 wrote:

What about if the text are iMessages? Can they see time/date, who/from and type if it's an iMessage?

If you are using iMessage, all they need to do is to login on another device using the same AppleID and password, and they will receive a copy of all your iMessage messages on the second device.  They would not only see who you sent to and when, but then they would also see everything that you received and sent.  iMessage will give your parents better controls over your messaging than standard SMS text messaging.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Someone sent me a nasty message and my mom read it, and it was deleted, and she has no idea of the time or day it was sent, what is the likely hood of her ever seeing it again. And..... if my mom were to try and get access to my texts from my provider how long would it take her to get them and what would she get?
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.