Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Fri, Nov 1, 2013 11:45 PM

Can my husband or wife read my texts online?

Christmas is coming & im working with his mom to get him gifts. My question is, we are on a family plan. Can he log into att.com & READ our messages? Or will it only show that ive been talking to his mom & what times i have been messaging her?

Thanks!!!

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ATTDmitriyCM

Community Manager

• 

9.2K Messages

4 years ago

That's right, AT&T doesn't store any contents of your text messages, only dates, times and phone numbers involved.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have an answer that worked for you? Help other users by marking helpful posts as an "Accepted Answer". And don't forget to leave a Like!

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
dmapr

ACE - Expert

• 

6.2K Messages

6 years ago

No, the texts can't be read online.

@stephanygoodwin11 wrote:

Christmas is coming & im working with his mom to get him gifts. My question is, we are on a family plan. Can he log into att.com & READ our messages? Or will it only show that ive been talking to his mom & what times i have been messaging her?

Thanks!!!

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

thank you! i appreciate it! im sure he'll be asking why ive been talking to his mom so much if he logs in to snoop!

rsoaker27

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

[Please keep it courteous] He can check bill and see text log..just an FYI

Max69

Professor

• 

2.1K Messages

6 years ago

@rsoaker27 wrote:

[Please keep it courteous] He can check bill and see text log..just an FYI

Only the numbers that texts have been sent to or received from. The content of those messages cannot be viewed.

Aramin

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Is there a way to get a copy of those txt messages online if you need them? I want to try to get a copy of my msgs to put in a book...can i do that?

dmapr

ACE - Expert

• 

6.2K Messages

6 years ago

@Aramin wrote:

Is there a way to get a copy of those txt messages online if you need them? I want to try to get a copy of my msgs to put in a book...can i do that?

There's no way to get a hold of regular SMS/MMS online. Google Voice messages are available in your Google Voice account. Don't know about iMessage messages, but it's possible they're available online as well.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
wingrider01

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

6 years ago

@dmapr wrote:

@Aramin wrote:

There's no way to get a hold of regular SMS/MMS online. Google Voice messages are available in your Google Voice account. Don't know about iMessage messages, but it's possible they're available online as well.

Imessages are not viewable unless both devices utilize the same itunes account, then each message sent to apple devices will be replicated on both the devices at the same time, used to do that when I had both a iphone and a ipad

hdtvtechno

Mentor

• 

27 Messages

6 years ago

that is if you have Online storage for SMS  then yes acount holders can log on at&t website and view messages

Joebarns

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Is it possible for them to go up to an att store and ask for a copy of the message history of they are in a linked account
JayB1979

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

Messages actually can be viewed only IF you have at&t messages on your phone and he has the login information for it.
Joebarns

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

What do you mean by att messages
hdtvtechno

Mentor

• 

27 Messages

6 years ago

The AT&T Messages App on android 

i dont think its available on Apple IOS

http://www.att.com/shop/apps/att-messages.html?source=IAMS2500000000ZCU#fbid=6Zi75-WX90Z

you access the messages from both the app and from the website

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Hi..

Can a person find e-mail history from an ATT account if they have access to it??

Does ATT store dates, times and e-mail addresses??

Thanks

shannonrc

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

AT&T doesn't store text message content at all????  What if an attorney subpoenas text message content?  Can they get the actual messages?  Or is the detail (time/date/number) all they can obtain?

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…