Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Get to the head of the class with our Back to School deals!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Fri, Mar 4, 2016 5:14 AM

Can I see my text messages online from my cell phone

I know Verizon customers can view messages on another device other than their phones if they set it up too do that. It's a great feature I think. Can I see my texts or write texts from bent logged into my AT&T account online?

Responses

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

You can log in online and view the date time and number!

raphaelulz

Former Employee

• 

258 Messages

4 years ago

There is a feature just like that: It's called AT&T Messages! It'll allow you to send and receive text messages from the web portal at messages.att.net. First thing you need is an LTE-enabled phone and an Access ID (same one you use to log into your myAT&T account). If you don't have an Access ID, you can get started here. After that, you can use that Access ID to log into messages.att.net. The setup process will send a PIN to your phone and ask you to verify it, then it'll complete the setup process. Now if you're using an iPhone, you will need to disable iMessage while using it since it conflicts with AT&T Messages. Android doesn't have that problem fortunately, and AT&T even has a dedicated Android app that'll work on a lot of smartphones, and also enhance the service with stuff like online messaging backup and sync!

If AT&T Messages ends up being buggy for you, there's also MightyText for Android that does the same thing. I used the free version myself a year or so ago, and it definitely does the job, but it's also only for Android.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Verizon message app is great you can see the whole conversation if your texting online a computer or tablet, AT&T not the same you only see what you text not what the other person text...bummer I think im going back to verizon

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

My phone is at home, hence why I would like to use my computer at work to send and receive text messages.  It's asking for a pin that is sent to my phone, can't there a be an email options? 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I left my phone at home, hence why I want to use the computer, can't they send the pin to my email instead of texting it to the device that I am not able to use??

Get started...

Ask a new question