Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need your talk or text logs?
J

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, May 4th, 2021 1:57 AM

Block or turn off SMS notifications from unknown senders

Im getting an increasing number of text-text and email-text spam messages via SMS.  What can be done to block it?  What can be done to silence the SMS notification from unknown senders?  

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

3 years ago

Not a lot can be done.  They are spoofed emails and numbers and change constantly. 

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Not asking for a lot to be done.  I understand they are spoofed email and numbers that change constantly.  What they all have in common is that they are unknown.  They are not listed in my Contacts.  All Im really asking is what can be done to silence SMS notifications from unknown senders.  

ACE - Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

3 years ago

It was answered, there is very little you can do. This type of spamming/scamming plagues all providers. Just don't respond and delete as soon as you get them. Eventually they will go away.

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

No, they wont go away.  In fact, its becoming more and more frequent.  If phone calls from unknown callers can be blocked or silenced, why not messages from unknown senders?  I havent found anyone, or any service, with a guide on how that can be done nor an explanation on why it cant be done.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

3 years ago

You've been told. The spoofed numbers change constantly so it is virtually impossible to block the source.

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

What about silencing SMS notifications from unknown senders?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.