Need your talk or text logs?
V

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, November 9th, 2021 12:29 AM

Closed

AT&T's text spam problem is out of control

AT&T's text spam problem is out of control and dramatically increasing.

Submitting spam reports to AT&T appears to do absolutely nothing.

Are you also having a problem with text spam? Maybe if enough people comment here AT&T will see how many of their customers are fed up and will do something about it.

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

Block the 1-410-100 messages

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

62.2K Messages

1 year ago

Maybe if enough people comment here AT&T will see how many of their customers are fed up and will do something about it.

Not likely. Try searching the forum, there are hundreds of threads about spam and scam texts. One more won’t make a difference. The problem is not unique to ATT, all carriers have the same problem. From my own perspective, the problem is not dramatically increasing. I get very few spam texts and those that I have reported don’t seem to recur. Maybe I’m just lucky but it’s not a big issue to me, just a minor annoyance.

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

19.7K Messages

1 year ago

I think for some it's increasing and for others (such as myself) it's more of an annoyance (like @sandblaster ) because I get very little. It may have something to do with who you use for your primary email or how much of your private info has been sold on the dark web. I kept my old email address when I changed providers and moved to another state and they seem to do an excellent job of stopping the spam that comes thru. I also have a couple of throwaway gmail accounts that gets very very little spam/scam.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.