AT&T Community Forums
kenkorshin

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

Sun, Jan 18, 2009 10:03 PM

Closed

ATT Yahoo Migration

I have an Ipaq 6945 unbranded phone.  Prior to the ATT Yahoo Migration everything worked fine.  None of the settings various support people gave me worked on this phone.  I finally ended up with a Tilt.

Can anyone tell me how to get my Ipaq working for my email?  I also have an ATT Tilt and the settings given in the site the migration email did not work.  I had to call tech support to get settings that worked.  This migration has been a total disaster for me.

Responses

Accepted Solution

kenkorshin

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

12 years ago

I followed your led and guess what--the page is down for maintenance again!!!!  So my email is still not working, excpet via the web page.
execumom

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

12 years ago

Amen to that...I've been working to regain the use of both my PC AND Blackjack since the migration took place...xPress Mail ceased working the second I "migrated" over, and I had to reset the modem password for my home PC.     

ANYONE who might be able to offer advice that will enable me to get my Blackjack back up and working in the manner for which it was designed will forever have my gratitude!    

ATT - are you listening?   

Mimi

execumom

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

12 years ago

OK - after a very frustrating 4 days during which my Blackjack would not/could not/did not send or receive e-mails, and after spending close to 8 hours on the phone with Technical support (4 different techies!), I was finally able to restore my device to where it was on Monday 1/19 when all this angst began.

Adding to the frustration was the fact that research on the Wireless.att.com/answer site, was a tidbit that appears to state that the problems I experienced is known to Bellsouth, and that a solution is available. O Happy Day!

Alas, when I clicked on the link provided, I was greeted with the "We apologize for the inconvenience, but this site is down for maintenance".     

After having service restored to my Blackjack yesterday evening, I asked the technician point blank why NONE of the support personnel I spoke with ever indicated in any way that this upgrade was causing problems with some users, with a solution closely at hand.     I was astounded when he admitted that "that is handled in a different area, and we are often not made aware of these problems and the solutions to the problems until much later".   

This would explain why in so many instances, tech support is more than willing to provide assistance, but unable to do so, mainly due to the fact that they are not being provided with the latest information that will enable them to perform their jobs, hence more customer frustration.    

Anyone who would like to read more about this can to to:   http://www.wireless.att.com/answer-center.

Hopefully, what I learned from my recent experience can help other users!   

Take care!   

Get started...

Ask a new question