Need your talk or text logs?
zhanex3's profile

Mentor

• 

35 Messages

Sunday, December 14th, 2014 4:57 PM

At&t unite pro - Strict NAT type.

Hello, I have the At&t unite pro and after setting up Upnp and even trying portforwading and dmz, I'm getting a Strict Nat type from the xbox one and other consoles.  This causes lots of connectivity problems when playing online with friends.  How do I resolve this so that I have an OPEN Nat type?  I have 30 GB Mobile Share plan.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

9 years ago

This is an Xbox problem. Look on gaming forums for the solution.

Just a heads up, gaming uses a TON of data. Your 30 GB plan might not last a month. Check your account often or put text warning on the account so you don't get hit with massive overage charges.

Mentor

• 

35 Messages

9 years ago

I don't think this is an xbox specific problem as this affects every device.  I was recently with another wireless broandband company using LTE through Verizon's network, Millenicom, but they shut down so I switched to At&t for the double data promotion. When I was using Millenicom with their hotspot device I had an open nat.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

9 years ago

Never the less, the solution has to be made via the Xbox.

Solutions are posted on the Xbox forums and YouTube.

Mentor

• 

35 Messages

9 years ago

Do you have a link please? Because I can't find anything.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

9 years ago

www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3JBjHDT7lw

The forum restricts links, you may be able to copy and paste to browser.

I entered "open NAT Xbox 360" in search bar and got several solutions on ehow, pcworld, and "support.xbox"

Mentor

• 

35 Messages

9 years ago

I've already tried UPNP, dmz, port forwarding as I said in the original post.  Thanks for helping though. I think the problem has to do with the way At&t is assigning my IP. My public IP address is 166.xxx.xxx.xxx but the IP address the hotspot is getting is 10.xxx.xxx.xxx (And of course my local devices are 192.168.1.x).  I think this has something to do with it.

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

9 years ago

@zhanex3@  wrote:

I've already tried UPNP, dmz, port forwarding as I said in the original post.  Thanks for helping though. I think the problem has to do with the way At&t is assigning my IP. My public IP address is 166.xxx.xxx.xxx but the IP address the hotspot is getting is 10.xxx.xxx.xxx (And of course my local devices are 192.168.1.x).  I think this has something to do with it.

So your public IP is 166.*.*.* and you say the internal address of the hotspot is in the 10.*.*.* range. Then your devices should also have addresses in the 10.*.*.* range as well.

Mentor

• 

35 Messages

9 years ago

Public IP - 166.xxx.xxx.xxx
Unite Pro WAN IP - 10.xxx.xxx.xxx
Unite Pro DHCP server IP - 192.168.1.x

The unite pro's WAN IP isn't matching what the Public IP is. It's like at&t has another dhcp server that the unite pro connects to for internet rather than at&t giving me the 166.xxx.xxx.xxx public address directly.  That's what I meant.

Mentor

• 

35 Messages

9 years ago

Well, after lots of runaway, the solution is to get a static ip, but at&t will only do that if you're a business customer and won't switch your account over unless you can prove you're running a business.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Due to the Title II reform and Network Neutrality rules  AT&T can not charge for a static IP.

141. Consumer Protection. The no-unreasonable interference/disadvantage standard is

intended to serve as a strong consumer protection standard. It prohibits broadband providers from employing any deceptive or unfair practice that will unreasonably interfere with or disadvantage end-user consumers’ ability to select, access, or use broadband services, applications, or content, so long as the services are lawful, subject to the exception for reasonable network management. For example, unfair or deceptive billing practices, as well as practices that fail to protect the confidentiality of end users’proprietary information, will be unlawful if they unreasonably interfere with or disadvantage end-user

consumers’ ability to select, access, or use broadband services, applications, or content, so long as are lawful, subject to the exception for reasonable network management. While each individual case will be evaluated on its own merits, this rule is intended to include protection against fraudulent practices such as “cramming” and “slamming” that have long been viewed as unfair and disadvantageous to consumers.

-G

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.