Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
Need your talk or text logs?
jessicaola's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Fri, Jan 12, 2018 9:51 PM

AT&T prepaid iPhone SE to straight talk

Can I use an AT&T prepaid iphone SE on straight talk if I purchase the straight talk gsm sim card? I didn't purchase the straight talk iphone se because it uses Verizon towers, Verizon don't have good signal in my area and I don't want to go thru the hassle of switching companies.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.4K Messages

5年前

According to some reports no.  Apple and att closed the activation server loophole for prepaid devices.

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.4K Messages

5年前

@jessicaola wrote:

Can I use an AT&T prepaid iphone SE on straight talk if I purchase the straight talk gsm sim card? I didn't purchase the straight talk iphone se because it uses Verizon towers, Verizon don't have good signal in my area and I don't want to go thru the hassle of switching companies.

@jessicaola

Did you buy the prepaid version?  If so then no you cant use it on straight talk.  If you paid full retail 399 or more than yes you can after its unlocked.

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

59.7K Messages

5年前

@GLIMMERMAN76 Are you sure about that? Even locked, wouldn’t the phone work on Straight Talk provided the Straight Talk sim is using ATT’s network?

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.