Need your talk or text logs?
kerumbo's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, October 22nd, 2017 11:59 PM

AT&T Prepaid: "Balance too low" to check messages?

I have   AT&T unlimited call/data prepaid plan (auto-pay), and can make regular calls, including calling my own number to get messages.  But  if I press and hold "1" to get messages, I get only "Your balance is too low for this call". The call history afterward shows that it called my  cell number, which as I said works if I manually enter the 7 digits --  it's  only by pressing 1 that I get the "balance too  low" message.  Checking my balance online,  it is all paid up (auto-pay).

Any ideas?  All I can think  of,  is that this was a Verizon phone before I switched to AT&T and got a new number, so previously, pressing  "1", and the Voicemail  identity in Contacts, were associated with the old number.  But I deleted the Voicemail contact and my old number is not on the phone anymore.  Do I have to somehow reprogram what "1" does?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

EDIT:  I also get the "balance too low" message if I try to access my messages using *86.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Just curious, I am having the same issue. Did this get resolved? Thanks. 

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Go to keypad click the 3 dots in top right go to settings click voicemail then voicemail number and change to correct voicemail number mine is [REMOVED PERSONAL INFORMATION]

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.