Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wed, Dec 18, 2013 1:38 PM

AT&T Messages Not working?

I recently lost my phone and the only way I have been able to keep in contact with anyone is through the AT&T Messages app on the web. Whenever I go to the website (messages.att.net) there seems to be an error and it won't allow me to log in. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Responses

Mentor

• 

26 Messages

6 years ago

Are you able to confirm whether or not we'll lose our current messages. I save some of my messages on the website and I'd really hate to lose my conversations that I had during this maintenance outage.
green56

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

6 years ago

According to customer service, everything gets backed up
green56

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

6 years ago

We are going on day 5

Mentor

• 

26 Messages

6 years ago

I lost everything after the outage before the last one. I did get everything back after the last one though. Hopefully, this time is fine too.

green56

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

6 years ago

on the last one i got everything back too
green56

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

6 years ago

i called and spoke with Customer Care and they told me that the app should be working fine and that there shouldnt be any problem with that but that the website they didnt have an estimated time of when it would be back up and running.  apparently when they were doing the update they ran accross some problems and are trying to fix the issue.  Thats what i was told.  i just know that this is taking longer than the first ime

green56

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

6 years ago

do you have any clue yet on when the site will be back up and running?

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you so much

Mentor

• 

26 Messages

6 years ago

Day 6! This is starting to get ridiculous.

ATTDmitriyCM

Community Manager

• 

9.2K Messages

6 years ago

Your messages continue to be stored in the network. You can still use Messages from your phone, and if you have an Android Tablet you can use the AT&T Messages tablet app which provides similar functionality to the website.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have an answer that worked for you? Help other users by marking helpful posts as an "Accepted Answer". And don't forget to leave a Like!

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
green56

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

6 years ago

good thing is, i guess, the website isnt loading.  Could mean its coming back online?

green56

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

6 years ago

nevermind the last comment.  Still showing that it is under maintenance.  day 7 tomorrow. 

Coach

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Day 7 and still not working. This is ridiculous. I pay to much money for at&t. And now the services they provide are down for a week. I am upset....

Explorer

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Now visual voicemail is out too..

Mentor

• 

26 Messages

6 years ago

Does anyone know if any of the other carriers offer a similar service? After a week of AT&T messages being under maintenance, and this problem constantly happening, I think it's time to move on.

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…