Need your talk or text logs?
hamielke's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, December 18th, 2013 1:38 PM

AT&T Messages Not working?

I recently lost my phone and the only way I have been able to keep in contact with anyone is through the AT&T Messages app on the web. Whenever I go to the website (messages.att.net) there seems to be an error and it won't allow me to log in. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

10 years ago

well it was like a tease.  it worked for a bit, and now its down again! LOL maybe another 8 days?!!?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

Yeah seemed like it was up for about half hour...then same maintenance message 😞

Mentor

• 

21 Messages

10 years ago

[Please do not request case numbers or personal information from other members]

@redcabo7 wrote:

Obtained AT&T's "web assistance" phone number (877-312-5550).  I did not call them direct rather was transferred to allegedly advanced tech support when I called 800-331-0500 (pressed 0 then 0 to get directly to a human).

The person I talked to said there is not a case open nor is there a "known issue" but she didn't seem to know about messages.att.net.  How can you be a tech and not know about a product your company has.  Unbelieveable.

A case number has been opened (8 days later).  Expected resolution date January 30.  If I find anything out I'll post.  I encourage to try the phone numbers and just hammer them until they get this resolved.

@redcabo7 wrote:

Obtained AT&T's "web assistance" phone number (877-312-5550).  I did not call them direct rather was transferred to allegedly advanced tech support when I called 800-331-0500 (pressed 0 then 0 to get directly to a human).

The person I talked to said there is not a case open nor is there a "known issue" but she didn't seem to know about messages.att.net.  How can you be a tech and not know about a product your company has.  Unbelieveable.

A case number has been opened (8 days later).  Expected resolution date January 30.  If I find anything out I'll post.  I encourage to try the phone numbers and just hammer them until they get this resolved.

Mentor

• 

19 Messages

10 years ago

That was a funny request cyrusb.  AT&T texted it to me and I deleted it so I had to call to get the case number since the website is down. Smiley Frustrated

Case # - [edited for privacy - please do not post personal information]

Have at it...FYI-per the rep, the case notes do not list a resolution date yet.  HOWEVER, the rep stated "the site went down on1/10/14 for maintenance to make changes that will protect customers from spamming and unauthorized use.  That appears to be all the information we currently have.  I can tell you that AT&T Messages is widely used, so I'm sure that we are working to get the web site back up as soon as possible."..you'll like this....he said "In the meantime, have you considered other messaging services that would also allow you to send messages from a web site?".."Google Voice would similarly allow you to send and receive text messages from their web site."  I thought that was funny but rejected the rep very quickly as it does not solve the problem.

Good luck all!

Mentor

• 

28 Messages

10 years ago

Wow. Can't believe that they recommened to use another service. Hilarious. Well, at least I got to take a peek at the website for a brief moment before it went back down.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

Well it was up for an hour or two last night!

Mentor

• 

21 Messages

10 years ago

I just saw the login page, but once I logged in it went right back to maintenance.

Mentor

• 

21 Messages

10 years ago

FYI I just called in and got a $40 credit. I think we all should start calling in and demanding credits and maybe that will give them an encouragement to get this working for us again. The whole reason I stuck with ATT here is for this service so I can send and receive messages from my number while in the air. The fact that no one there even knows about this service is shocking!

Mentor

• 

19 Messages

10 years ago

Looks like AT&T pulled down the case number.  Not sure how it is personal information rather a reference but none the less there is some information for everyone to work off of.  Keep us posted if there is anything anyone finds out.  Looks like AT&T rep jumped ship on this....what a shame.

Mentor

• 

28 Messages

10 years ago

What did you say to get the credit? Maybe I should have everyone I know with AT&T call and complain
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.