Need your talk or text logs?
hamielke's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, December 18th, 2013 1:38 PM

AT&T Messages Not working?

I recently lost my phone and the only way I have been able to keep in contact with anyone is through the AT&T Messages app on the web. Whenever I go to the website (messages.att.net) there seems to be an error and it won't allow me to log in. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Mentor

• 

19 Messages

10 years ago

YoungSinema - I was thinking the same thing. I'll be happy to move my wireless, internet and Uverse at this point. I spend way too much money with AT&T for them not to get this resolved. Another carrier and cable company will be happy to take my money. The search is on for a carrier with similar options. Too bad, I've been an AT&T customer for 8+ years.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

Since it's been a week with the site down I called customer service and they had no information about the site and could not find any information on the status of the site.

Mentor

• 

19 Messages

10 years ago

Call technical support.  Ask for a manager or team lead.  Do not talk to a normal support rep.  Don't waste your time.

I work for a software company.  When we have system issues we send out mass emails and provide our clients with a status.  We are $3M with 5 programmers.  AT&T I suspect is a little fatter but why they can't figure this out?  I question that they are even working on it.

Mentor

• 

28 Messages

10 years ago

Every time they have this issue and I call, they NEVER know anything. They always think I'm talking about the app. This is really frustrating. This is the way I communicate when I'm in an area with coverage. And when I can text, I like to save/organize my important messages using the site.

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

10 years ago

Ive called a few times too and they say that they dont know anything either.  One lady told me, "Whats wrong with the site?! i havent heard anything it should be working fine" goes to show you how much they pay attention to the things going on at the company.  Other reps told me that they were getting updated daily on the status of the site and that the didnt know when the site would be back up and running but that they know that the app is working because they got that to start working already.  I actually had one rep actually tell me that shes actually super frustrated with it as well cause she says that she uses the website all the time and it hasnt been working for a while either. 

Tomorrow is day 8 and as it seems it is doubtful that it is going to be up and running tomorrow either.  I check it every morning and everynight never, and not to my surprise its never working

Mentor

• 

21 Messages

10 years ago

Dimitry,

Didn't you say this would be back online like 5 or 6 days ago? What is going on here? The only reason I purchased a phone with you guys is for this feature, so really they should be crediting all of our services for the down periods. Everyone should start demanding credits for this in full.

Mentor

• 

19 Messages

10 years ago

Obtained AT&T's "web assistance" phone number (877-312-5550).  I did not call them direct rather was transferred to allegedly advanced tech support when I called 800-331-0500 (pressed 0 then 0 to get directly to a human).

The person I talked to said there is not a case open nor is there a "known issue" but she didn't seem to know about messages.att.net.  How can you be a tech and not know about a product your company has.  Unbelieveable.

A case number has been opened (8 days later).  Expected resolution date January 30.  If I find anything out I'll post.  I encourage to try the phone numbers and just hammer them until they get this resolved.

Mentor

• 

28 Messages

10 years ago

I called, and they have no idea what I'm talking about. 8 days, and AT&T knows nothing!?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

Is it possible that AT&T would not know the site is down for 8 days?  An AT&T employee has been posting on this issue since last week. 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

The site is back up and working!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.