Need your talk or text logs?
Dustin2398's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, June 22nd, 2014 5:42 PM

AT&T DATA

I have used my smartphone with a basic phone (45$ unlimited everything) data plan for almost a year and by using the "broadband" apn gotten away with not having a basic phone, now after over a year it tells me to "sign into AT&T network" to use the data, im not sure if this is a temporary network error or a discovery on there end... and every time i call AT&T they reset my service but then want my IMUI and if i give it to them they will see its a smartphone and not basic.. i dont mind paying extra, im not doing this to be cheep but i want "unlimited data"!!  does enyone know whats going on with this or if its my phone or the network? or how to possibly fix it? that would be so very helpful! 

Employee

• 

156 Messages

10 years ago

The network is most likely detecting you are using a smartphone. The network will keep doing that if the imei doesn't match what you have listed on your account. Do you know how much data you use in a month? It might be worth checking into some of the new mobile share plans.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

i use over 5Gb of data a month so thats why i liked when i did this because i could teather and create hotspots and do whatever without having to worry about a cap.... and i am a GoPhone customer so i dont have many options for data unfortunatly, i wish they would revamp there gophone data services so their nicer like the contracts/family plans

Employee

• 

156 Messages

10 years ago

Well Att is always looking at offering better options for everyone. We recently launched a mobile hotspot for go phone so you would be able to use that for hotspots check it out here.

http://www.att.com/att/gophone-mobile-hotspot/en/index.html#fbid=07_E5k89LXv

We also recently increased the amount of data you get with a smartphone on the go phone plan, from 2gb to 2.5 gb. Don't get me wrong I would love to see a return to unlimited data, but for now it's not somthing that's coming back anytime soon. Eventually as the network advances you will see more data offered at lower prices, it'll just take some time. Hope that helps!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

well thank you, that did help. cant wait for unlimited to come back.... idk how the ISP's exspect us to not go over our data limits when internet content only gets bigger and our usage caps dont get much bigger to keep up with it.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Well now its all better, because I switched to Straight talk and got my unlimited data back! Cuz I'm not paying a fortune for data through AT&T but its funny cuz it still goes through the AT&T towers... So why AT&T can't just do it is beyond me..... Just a big hassle if u ask me.. Just makes AT&T lose customers....

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.