For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
JSY's profile

Scholar

• 

104 Messages

Tuesday, February 10th, 2015 4:18 AM

Any chance of the double the data promotion ever coming back again?

For the first time ever, I received a throttle text message saying that I am coming close to 5GB.  I have 4 phones with 3 on them on old unlimited plans (4th phone is a basic feature phone) and would consider moving to a limited plan if double the data promotion was ever coming back.  Otherwise, I might move 2 of these phones to T-Mobile's no-contract 2 phones for $100 "unlimited" plan - despite the lesser coverage which shouldn't affect me that greatly.  Before I do something rash, has anyone heard any rumblings about the promo coming back?  Or does the data rollover that they have now make it very unlikely for it to come back?

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

9 years ago

No one knows until it is announced. Your guess is an good as anybody's. Until a competitive company comes up with something more competitive, I doubt anything will change.

• 

25.7K Messages

9 years ago

I've been watching and comparing data plans from VZW and ATT for years, and in the recent few months, I have never seen so many price changes (mostly lower) from these two providers since T-Mo started rattling their cages.  VZW made the latest move where they start the $25 per line discount at 6 GB ($70) on their More Everything Plan, vs ATT, where the $25 per line discount doesn't start until the 10 GB ($100) Next plan.  I don't think it will be long before ATT again shuffles the plans to more closely match VZW.

But rather than wait for another "double data" offer, I'd suggest you just determine your actual data needs, and look at the total cost compared to what you are paying now.  I have noticed that as data prices have come down, those unlimited data plans are more expensive to hang on to.  

And be aware that the new plans include unlimited minutes and unlimited texting. I'm convinced that as time goes on, data will become less and less expensive, but the cost of those old unlimited plans won't change.  

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hey there @JSY

I’d be happy to help with our promo details! Our Double The Data promotion proved very popular indeed, being extended from its original month long run starting in September to ending recently on January 31st. Whilst there are no current plans to reintroduce this offer, never say never!

I hope this helps!

Charise

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Hello ATT Support,

I have been an ATT customer for over 21 years.  I am emailing you for a simple request that has still not been completed.

I have called 3 times and went into a store 3 times, and they try to help but it seems like no one knows about the offerings in targeted mailings for ATT/Direct TV.

I signed up with ATT and Direct TV for the "double your data promo".  It fell of my account for some reason, and I was just told they cannot find a way to give it back.  I got this offer in Oct 2017.  How can they promise one thing and not deliver when they offered it.    They say my account will not allow them to do this, well I didn't change anything on my account.  They tried to tell me it would cost more per month to get double the data, when I already had that from them...

That is absurd.  From a customer perspective...selling a bill of goods and then going back on that is a horrible way to treat customers.  Whether I call in or go into a store it seems like no one is able to really help and correct the problem.  I run an IT Service Desk, and we would not be able to treat our customers that way.

Anyway, I am just trying to get the promised "double my data" back (16GB -->32GB), but no one seems to be able to help or honor this commitment?  Can you please help?  Any ideas?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.