Need your talk or text logs?
H

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, February 25th, 2020 10:38 PM

Almost all SMS text history has disappeared

I've searched forums on this topic, and unfortunately is seems quite common but without any real help from AT&T. I've had my Moto g7 power for many months now, but yesterday I noticed that when I responded to one particular person's text, it went to someone else. Not only that, but the someone else now had two conversations on my phone for the same contact, which I think is ordinarily impossible. So I figured the text app (AT&T 's default app) had somehow become out of sync, between contacts and its message store. I restarted my phone, only to find that all but four of my conversations (out of very many, some going back years) have disappeared completely. The four remaining ones are very recent. The same is true via Messages for Web on my computer. They're gone. Please - is there any possibility that you can fix this? It's clearly a glitch with the AT&T service. I have an older message backup somewhere, from when I last changed phones, but I will still have lost everything since that date. Help!

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I just noticed that the AT&T SMS app was updated 15hrs ago, for "bug fixes and stability improvements". The timing seems, well, more than suspect. Sigh.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.