Our Community Forums will be closing on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
Need your talk or text logs?
Kermie2011's profile

1 Message

Wednesday, October 4th, 2023 3:31 AM

Agent messaging me on personal phone

I went in to get the upgrade and made conversation with the agent I was working with. He’s 28 and I’m 20, and he had to use my ID to verify it was me for my account (so he deff knows my address). During the upgrading process he made me take a picture of both his work number and personal number “just in case”, and then proceeded to have me text both of them so he “knew it was me texting him”. He also joked about sending me iMessage games and I started to feel weirded out. I had to leave and come back to work on the upgrade and while I was waiting he kept messaging me about waiting and then when the upgrade didn’t go through and I said I might be back to finish it later in the week he texted me right after, saying he felt bad it didn’t go through. He has been continuing to text me asking when I’m coming in to finish the upgrade and I have started ignoring the texts. I’m scared to go back to the location and was wondering if agents should be behaving like this at all. 

ACE - Sage

• 

118.3K Messages

9 months ago

No they should not. I realize you're only 20 years old, but there's red flags all over the place. You have to listen to your gut in order to stay safe as a young woman.

Please message him on his business phone, tell him you would prefer to keep things business only that is all you're interested in.. let him know you will not accept any more messages or phone calls from his personal number. Then block the number. If he tries to contact you again in any way inappropriate report to his supervisor or the manager of the store. And then do business somewhere else

You should never be made to feel uncomfortable in any situation. That little uncomfortable feeling in your gut, always listen to it under any circumstances. Maybe life-saving.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.