Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

• 

3 Messages

Wed, Feb 12, 2020 8:47 AM

2g is useless

Why not make 3g the slowest speed? you can't even load a simple webpage or email on 2g hotspot connection. I thought at&t was supposed to be the "best wireless company" If I can drive to the library and look up what I need faster then 2g loads anything (if it loads at all) it is useless and doesn't qualify as unlimited

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

72K Messages

2 months ago

Since AT&T has not had a 2G network in 2 years Your complaint must be about throttling once you have used up your data.
The key portion of that is"used up your data".
Once you have used up your data allowance, you have no more data. AT&T uses a hard cap. If you don't like it, you should have chosen another plan with more data.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

“Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part” 🆘 Dont expect normal any time soon.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

Well since you didn't read the post and just the title. You would have seen that it says 2g HOTSPOT. Which is the speed (1200kb or so) they slow you down to when you use all your hotspot data. At that speed everything times out before it loads, making the plan not unlimited. I don't care if they slow the connection down, when I'm out of data. Just as long as it's useable
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

72K Messages

The hot spot is capped. At 10 gigs, 15 gigs or 30 gigs, depending on your choice of plan. The hotspot is not unlimited, It never said it was Unlimited. The hotspot according to the written information on your plan is capped.
Otherwise, it would say "10 gigs, but you might squeak out a bit more".

(edited)

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

“Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part” 🆘 Dont expect normal any time soon.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

@User02122020

so quit using cellular internet like home internet as its not a replacement. ATT does have service you can pay for if you want home cellular internet service but it cost more as it should.

mobilemax

Employee

• 

796 Messages

2 months ago

Hello,

There is no “2G” network, but if you have a internet plan with a cap, it does slow to 128mbps during high traffic times, which is slow for video, etc. check plan on att.com, myatt app or call in 800. 331. 0500

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…