Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
DanyTech30's profile

• 

1 Message

Fri, Jun 17, 2022 9:56 PM

Promise of Deals In-Store that are not followed through

I recently went to an AT&T store to trade in two Ipads for two Ipad Air 4 Gens, and was promised that I would only be charged for the cost of the Ipads per month and could choose to deactivate the cellular service for the ipads so that I would not have to pay for the cellular service that I would not use as I only use wifi or hotspot.  After looking at my updated bill, I found that I was charged for the cellular service for the Ipads anyway and my bill was changed for some reason and was charged more for my cell phone lines.  I called into customer service about this, and they told me that they could not do anything for me.  

This is the 4th time that I have been promised certain deals and a lower bill than what I would end up getting charged, and I am now shopping for a new cellular service.  

Has anyone else been dealing with this?

I have been a customer of AT&T for a long time now, and the cost of the service and devices far outweigh the quality of the cellular connectivity and the deals that are very short-lived.

• 

1 Message

3分前

test

(edited)

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

18.8K Messages

3分前

@DanyTech30  What kind of store did you go into? Was it an AT&T Reseller Store or an actual AT&T Corporate Store. The reseller stores are independently owned and operated separate from AT&T and are not staffed by AT&T employees. Some reseller stores are not very ethical in the way they conduct their business or the information they give to the customer. Both stores look exactly the same on the inside so it pays to ask or call the store to see if they are a Reseller or Corp Store.

AT&T will only honor deals and promos that are listed on their website, regardless of what the store says (if it's a Reseller Store).

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.