For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
lilaold1's profile

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, May 1st, 2022 10:14 PM

NHK just disappeared today, has it been dropped?

sf bay area - where is it listed now??

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I have been a loyal NHK viewer for a long long time, which had provided hours of educational, cultural, artistic and pleasurable viewing. I was devastated to see it simply disappear without warning from AT&T list.ing. I have had to switch service.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

2 years ago

There have been lots of discussions on why NHK was not renewed. Basically, it was a contract negotiation that couldn't be agreed upon so NHK pulled out. Happens all the time with any provider. The provider will guarantee the service but not the individual stations. There are other ways to view NHK without switching service. And yes, there was an announcement about it some time ago.

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I actually spoke with several AT&T employees who could not help me in this regard (actually just 10 minutes before I posted my comment.) I HAD to switch services. I was told that while I could get AppleTV or ROKU to enable me to stream NHK programs, but I could only see programs at the time they are aired and I could not record them for future viewing. Given my schedule and commitments, that did not work for me. So, despite your nuance that I did not try, I really did. I had not wanted to switch, but I had to.

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Also, if there were announcements about NHK pullout, the announcements were quite secretive in my domain. There were no notices sent to me or nothing announced on AT&Tuverse sites. I just woke up one morning when I turned on my TV (NHK is my go-to station) with "This program is no longer available" wording.

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I was late learning that NHK would disappear. I really liked the diversity: news, tourist info, language lessons, cooking lessons, sumo tournaments, etc. VERY BUMMED OUT. 

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

How do I complain in some useful way about the discontinuation of NHK?  This website is a frigging labyrinth.  

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

2 years ago

There have been lots of complaints about the loss of NHK so AT&T is well aware of it. However, contract renewals could not be agreed upon so NKH and AT&T parted ways. It was mentioned quite some time ago that this was a possibility. Unfortunately, this is business as usual between station owners and providers. AT&T guarantees the tv service but not the individual channels.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.