smarcum's profile

• 

2 Messages

Tue, May 17, 2022 11:49 PM

Closed

Erroneous emails sent to me by ATT

Every month I receive a "payment received" email from ATT.  The email has the correct account number and amount.  The email shows that I paid the bill through Visa.  Problem is, I don't own a Visa card.  Later in the same month, I will receive a different email saying my bill is now available and it also has the correct account number and amount.  I always pay my bill through electronic checks from my credit union.  I have called ATT three times and get the same reply that it's their automated system and nothing they can do about it.  

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

28.7K Messages

1 m ago

Is this a Wireless Bill, Home Phone Bill, Internet Bill, U-verse TV bill?

This isn't a problem with AT&T email sending/receiving, the closest thing I can think of is a billing "issue" for the service it's actually for (which is not e-mail, since there's no billing for that).  I'm not 100% sure why this is bothering you, but maybe you can enlighten us.

• 

2 Messages

1 m ago

Well gosh Jeffer, I'll try to enlighten you, but I doubt it's going to work.  Whether it's a billing issue or an email issue, I'd prefer to NOT get an email from AT&T about my Directv bill telling me they have received my payment from a credit card I don't have and that's there nothing they can do about it.  How's that you condescending (Edited per community guidelines)?  :)

(edited)

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

28.7K Messages

1 m ago

Here's some more "condescension" for you, since you apparently missed this news:

AT&T has spun off AT&T TV / DIRECTV to a separate DIRECTV company.  Please see their forums here:

https://forums.directv.com/

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.