For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Djpro1337's profile

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, March 3rd, 2022 1:28 PM

AT&T COR DF *Fraud*

I was issued a fraud detection on a transaction of $1079.96 from something called "AT&T COR DF". I've never had an AT&T account. Has anyone else experienced this? Or any other stories of fraud going around with "AT&T" account charging the funds. 

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Me too I called my bank. They refunded my $238.38 back into my account and I will be getting a new debit card ASAP

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

There are 3 pending charges from AT&T cor df, I do not have AT&T? I don’t know where the charges came from ? This happened on Sunday June 12 which seems odd?

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled AT&T cor df 3 charges

• 

6 Messages

Is this another scam and how did my information get compromised l?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

It doesn't matter how. If you are not at AT&T customer dispute directly with your bank. 

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Former AT&T,  Current Verizon customer.  My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove. 

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

6 Messages

That will be done, it is in pending status. However if the card has been compromised then I may have to close and request another. Also to see how it was compromised can help avoid visiting the site or location. It is good to know if companies have had data breach and leak to inform public. So it does matter how? How can an issue be addressed if there is no known issue?

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

if the card has been compromised then I may have to close and request another.

Excellent idea.

Credit Card Fraud 2021 Annual Report

Shoutout to everyone who can remember their childhood phone number but can't remember the password they created yesterday.  You are my people.  😊

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

Card data could have been compromised months ago, sold, resold, and then used.  You'll never know when or how. 

Gas pump or atm skim device,  bad website, or copied by a waiter or salesperson.   

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Former AT&T,  Current Verizon customer.  My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove. 

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

It seems I have a slightly different nuance to other comments. I purchased a phone this morning from the ATT website, received the fraud text, and responded yes. The weird difference is I now have two charges, not identical, one for $497.54 which is the correct charge and another for $460.09. No idea what the $460.09 is. ATT cannot find the charge. On DM with someone now and spent and hour on the phone earlier. Not sure what to do. 

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

For people on here wondering why banks and credit unions don't catch fraud; HI! I'm a compliance officer at a small CU in Houston, TX. My system populated an alert on a members account after this "AT&T COR DF" charged over $1000 to a members account using multiple transactions of $90.15. I landed here researching what this charge was.

You have to realize most financial institutions use automated systems to monitor accounts with set thresholds. We can not monitor every single transaction individually. We have no clue of knowing what's legit or not unless we receive a compliant or notice. For all I know someone with a large family just purchased multiple phones. I can't assume everything is illegal nor would you want me to restrict every persons accounts to cash only transactions. Please be vigilante and check your activity weekly at least. There are regulations in place that protect you and your bank accounts which all financial institutions are required to follow. The best solution if you discover fraud on your account is to close the account and open a new one with new passwords in place. If your financial institution is slow to help you, change it. Try a local smaller credit union! Credit unions are Not-for-profit entities meaning their fees and rates are typically a bit lower than your larger banks. Also, credit unions are usually quicker to refund overdraft fees and if you become delinquent on a loan credit unions are far more likely to work with you than repossess. 

(edited)

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Is AT&T COR DALLAS TX legitimate? I ordered my new I phone and this showed up on my bank statement for $74.25. 

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled A T & T COR DF DALLAS TX

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

It is probably the sales tax on your new phone. Does your state charge sales tax? 

• 

2 Messages

It's likely fraud. I had a $318 charge show up. I have paid my gf's AT&T bill previously, but she's paid with her card for past 6 months. She checked, and her balance was not $318, and her payments were set to come out of her account. I called my bank and reported fraud and got a new card. They didn't seem interested in determining who was defrauding us, but I do expect to get this reversed in a week or less (hopefully). I'd go through your bank statement and see if there are ANY other suspicious charges. Everyone is trying to screw you these days, it seems :-( 

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

Yes on Nov. 15 2022 I found two unauthorized transaction from my bank account from AT&T COR DF one for $75 And another for $64 I do not have any services with AT&T at all Why can't something be done ASAP about this It is causing other payments not to go thru with out overdraft charges

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

I have been charged to charges from AT&T COR DT that was unauthorized. I have no dealings with them at all. I want those charges reversed asap

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

1 year ago

@DonnaN62   I would hope that you have contacted your bank about those charges.  I could be that you are the victim of identity theft.

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

Yes I have and nothing can be filed until it's not pending. I'm hoping that the card was unlinked by my fraud line that called me before the charges can go thru

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I was just a victim of the att cor df fraud...regions canceled my card immediately and the charge still went through for 545. I don't what the (Edited per community guidelines) this is but the zip on the transaction was out in Dallas 75202. I am so annoyed by people taking from hard working individuals.

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.