Pre-order the New Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 & Galaxy Z Fold4 and, for a limited time, get twice the storage and a free case!
fsbbvr's profile

• 

2 Messages

Wed, May 25, 2022 10:08 PM

ATT Auth Reseller is presenting themselves as an ATT Corporate Store when they definitely are not

There is a new ATT store near me. I went in there to try to solve an issue with our phones and account in person and their customer service and attitude were so terrible it surprised me. Turns out they are not an official corporate store but an "Authorized Reseller" that only has interest in selling a new phone and plan to me or nothing at all. ATT Authorized Resellers are supposed to have signage indicating such at their stores but this one does not. Hence why I say they are "presenting" themselves as a Corporate Store (Big fat ATT logos for signs with no "Authorized Reseller" shown anywhere outside or inside the store). Which I would expect is a big no-no.

Whom do I contact at ATT to report this issue of misrepresentation? 

I thought I could at least start with regular ATT customer service via phone but they were totally clueless as how to proceed or to whom to pass the information to.

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

18.5K Messages

3分前

It appears, at least in our area, that was once Corporate Stores have been sold and turned into Authorized Stores, but the signage on the outside, and inside, still says AT&T with indication that the store is now a Reseller. It is printed, however, in very small print on the receipts, if you get one.

There is even an Authorized AT&T Reseller store that used to say that on the outside but not it just says AT&T. You have to either call the store or ask the staff inside if they are Corporate or Retail. Even the AT&T website is not up-to-date on to which stores are Corporate. It is misleading, but being as they are not AT&T, and are independently owned and operated and just resell AT&T goods and services, they apparently can get away with it.

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

58.8K Messages

3分前

You can file an FCC complaint. That will result in someone from corporate contacting you and you can report it to them.

• 

2 Messages

3分前

Btw- usage of the AT&T logo and branding in this retail capacity (and any other really) all come with conditions and restrictions on such use. All of which would be covered in whatever contracts and agreements Authorized Resellers have to sign and agree to in order to do business as an "AT&T Authorized Reseller". Violations of such contracts no doubt carry penalties.

I am pretty sure that branding your new store as a Corporate Store when your store is in fact an "Authorized Reseller" is in violation of such Authorized Reseller agreements made with AT&T.

So- who to report one of these stores to at AT&T corp that handles such relationships? Someone certainly must have the job of handling/managing the relationships AT&T has with those resellers?

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.