mgsfca's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wed, Jan 6, 2016 6:49 AM

Worst customer service experience ever

Before my rant on horrible customer service, I'd like everyone know that the AT&T digital life product is far superior to the 15 year old ADT system we replaced. We are very satisfied with the equipment and the app (although the optional tablet control is a complete waste of money). The problem is with their customer service. Here's my story:

We purchased the digital life equipment for over $700 - didn't want to lease.  This was our first mistake since AT&T charged us immedately for the equipment even though we had to wait 60 days before we could arrange an installation appointment. While the installer was competent and was able to install most of the equipment, he wasn't able to install the outdoor cameras or the automated door lock. He also for some reason didn't bring signs or stickers (you'd think AT&T would want the free publicity!) and didn't return with them as promised - we had to order them. Also, one of the smart plugs was defective and he didn't have any spares - we had to order that as well.

Since we paid for equipment (cameras and lock) that couldn't be installed, we sent it back using the return sticker provided by the installer. We assumed we'd get a refund for the returned equipment but the refund / credit was never processed. We were also charged the monthly billing rate based on the original equipment order and expected a credit for the $10 additional monthly billing. Apparently the installation people don't communicate with the billing people.

After several calls to probably the worst 'customer service' reps I've ever encountered I give up. The reps have no concept of what proration of monthly service charges means - and now have reconciled myself to the fact that the first month overcharge will never be credited. I asked to speak to her supervisor - the supervisor was as uninformed as the first rep. I asked for the supervisors' supervisor but she indicated she didn't have a supervisor - I had apparently reached the top of the food chain. I then asked for the status of the refund for the equipment I had returned - I was surprised when she indicated that no refunds are given for returned equipment. So I guess I should have kept that equipment and sold it on eBay? BTW I asked the rep who trained her and she responded the international AT&T trainers train all the agents in Jamaica.

A few days later I called back, spoke to another 'customer service' rep and asked again about the refund for the returned equipment. She indicated the equipment was received and the refund would be issued in 3-5 days. She promised to call me when the credit was processed - great to hear that but I'm still waiting almost 2 weeks later. I know the call will never happen, but I will continue to pursue this.

If I had to do it over, I'd sign up for the base package, lease the equipment, and add equipment as necessary when the installer arrived.  I'd never ever prepay anything, but since it's too late for that, I'd like some recommendations on how to resolve these issues.

ACE - Sage

• 

97.5K Messages

6 y ago

Cross our fingers and hope the contact person through @ATTDigitalLifeCS is a different and very capable person....

click on the blue letters and fill in the text box with your information.

This should be a rare problem, but it doesn't seem to be. 

Community Support

• 

6.9K Messages

6 y ago

Hello @mgsfca

We are listening and want to help you! I am sorry to hear of the issues you've experienced. We appreciate you trusting us to help keep your home secure. Our Customer Support Leadership would like to expedite the resolution of this matter. Please share a little more information by clicking here to send Digital Life a private message. In your message please include:

• Your name
  • Account number
  • Address
  • Contact number

Thank you again for the gift of feedback. Not only do we look forward to resolving this matter, but we will also use this opportunity to further improve our overall customer experience.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 y ago

Thank you for reaching out.

Bobbie from AT&T customer service contacted me shortly after my post.  Unlike my prior experience experience with several of the onshore and off-shore call-center employees, Bobbie was responsive, knowledgeable, and solutions-oriented.  The credit for the returned equipment was processed and I received a one-month service credit for my trouble. 

I am 100% satisfied with the ongoing monitoring service and hope I will never have to contact customer service again with billing issues.  Going forward, I would recommend that AT&T fix their call-center support staff issues - an otherwise outstanding product is clouded by their incompetencies.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 y ago

Wow, how lucky you are.  I've been unable to speak with anyone but the Jamaican call center whom I consider rude and ignorant to the facts.  I've tried to cancel 3 times now and after my legitimate complaints about how they didn't have service at my new home and then changed their mind (or added service) after I had secured another security system.  Nevertheless, I'll pay the ETF and be happy to NEVER do business with AT&T again.  I've dealt with some reall call center doozies in the past but this one has ALL of them beat!

If you happen to find your way to this comment and have not signed up for this service, BE WARNED!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 y ago

I am a 32 year retired AT&T Employee. And I can not believe I allowed my Husband to have me sign up with everything. We have since canceled all. And this DigitalLife is the last of the Nightmare Services...My Local Home Alarm Company Owner is a friend of mine. And he is uable to reconnect his service. Because of something the DG Tech did out at the Interface Box (?)  So far I have not found anyone that can help put me back were I was before all of this.Ok I understand the  equipment is now mine. ( That speks of the quality of that crap .They don't want it back ??) I They refuse to send anyone out ?? I just want to be put back where I was before they came on the scene ....Acct # [edited for privacy – please do not post personal information]

Community Support

• 

6.9K Messages

6 y ago

Hello @TrafficQueen

I'm sorry to hear your cancelling all ATT services. However, if you'd like a technician to come out to remove the Digital Life equipment we will. Please click here to chat with one of our support agents who can schedule that for you.

jbeezely

Mentor

• 

53 Messages

1 y ago

Here’s the thing. Att security service, their equipment and automation are excellent if all installed properly. It just (Edited per community guidelines) sometimes when things break. But our equipment has been working perfectly for almost 8 years now. With the ocassional camera issue. If anything. I wish they had better cameras. That is the one complaint I have about their offering. 

(edited)

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.