B

• 

3 Messages

Fri, Apr 23, 2021 7:07 PM

Transferring Service

I have been a Digital Life customer for five or more years now, but we just moved out of the home in which we had all of the equipment installed. I cancelled our Digital Life service with the understanding, from the AT&T representative who cancelled our service, that I would be able to transfer ownership of the Digital Life equipment in the home to the owner within 60 days of my cancellation upon which time the new owner could elect to continue the service. When I called AT&T today to start that process, now 16 days after my cancellation, I am told that I am unable to transfer ownership because my account is no longer active. Instead, the new owner can elect to subscribe to the service, but they would now have to pay $549.99 to do so. Is that really how this process works, AT&T? Is there nothing you can do to honor the transfer option that your representative described to me when I cancelled our service? 

Community Support

• 

6.9K Messages

1 y ago

@bkelley8505 Hello. My apologies that you received some misinformation. In order to transfer the services, the services need to be active, not in cancelled status. Once the account is cancelled, service can only be reactivated in the existing account holders name for 60 days. If you resume the service and provide the buyers name and information then the buyer can then call in and transfer the service into their name from yours.

• 

3 Messages

1 y ago

Had that been clear, I would not have cancelled. What will it cost me to reactivate and how long must I be reactivated in order to make the transfer work?

Community Support

• 

6.9K Messages

1 y ago

@bkelley8505  There isn't a cost for you to reactivate the service and only for as long as it takes the buyer to transfer it.

• 

3 Messages

1 y ago

But there is a cost for the service itself, so long as my account is reactivated, correct? Can you tell me how much that will be?

Community Support

• 

6.9K Messages

1 y ago

@bkelley8505 My apologies but i cannot quote that as I don't know how many days it will take for the new buyer to transfer the service. An estimate would be to take your monthly charge and divide it by the amount of days the service is on.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.