Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sat, May 25, 2019 11:30 PM

Tax now being added

I have been with digital life for years and my LAST TWO BILLS started charging me tax??????  No notice, nothing.  I called and got a lecture on "city and state taxes" which I did not need.  A credit was applied for one month but I pointed out that I did not want to have to make this call every month.  The program I signed up for was all-inclusive pricing and it should not change.  Of course, after waiting for 15 minutes to get a person (seriously, AT&T - you go off shore because it is cheaper, at least you can staff properly!) only to be told that all the supervisors left and I should call back on Monday.   Which, I will take another 1/2 - 1 hour out of my day for a simple issue and solution. 

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Brand User

Community Support

• 

5.3K Messages

9 months ago

@NickInSeaWA  Hello. My apologies for the frustration. This is not a decision that Digital Life made. The WA state Dept. Of Revenue modified their guidance and eliminated the exception for alarm systems and has now imposed the tax as of April 1, 2019. I cannot attach the document here in the forum, however if you would like more information, you can go to this link and then type in 3189 in the search the ETA's and the Tax Advisory will come up.

https://dor.wa.gov/find-law-or-rule/excise-tax-advisories

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.