Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Tue, Jul 12, 2016 12:51 AM

service cancellation

My service has supposedly been cancelled by AT&T Digital Life after trying myself to cancel for two months to no avail. The llight is still shining on my keypad by front door so it must be somehow connected. This is a service I didn't want in the first place but was told it was included in the bundle package I was getting and all be on one bill. This has come as a separate bill every month for $54.99 with an early termination fee of several hundred dollars. The exact same situation happened to my neighbor across the street and he is taking action as well. I received a letter from AT&T Digital requesting full payment for early termination and a bill they said was not paid. I am refusing to pay this bill of $539.97 and am requesting full amount of $54.99 for each of five months which I paid for service that I stated to the store service rep I did not want or need but was told it was part of the bundled package at no cost for the first year for the digital service part of the bundle. I have never once used this and would like someone to come out and remove this equipment. It can be installed elsewhere saving AT&T equipment costs. I have tried for months now to have this taken care of but after countless hours and days speaking with customer service reps, supervisors and retention, I have never been able to cancel this service on my own without the early termination fee  and now am being threatened with third party collection. If you cannot take care of this I would appreciate a response with directions for what my next move should be such as writing a letter of explanation to address at Norcross,GA. I have information and names of representatives I have spoken with. Thank you for your time and assistance. fly4pep

Responses

Brand User
ATTDigitalLifeCS

Community Support

• 

6K Messages

4 years ago

Hello @joycegilbertson

We are listening and want to help you! I am sorry to hear of the issues you're experiencing. Our Customer Support Leadership would like to look into this matter. Please share a little more information by clicking here to send Digital Life a private message. In your message please include:

• Your name
  • Account number
  • Address
  • Contact number
  • Store address
  • Store representative name (If known)

Digital Life billing is not combined with any other service (Wireless, Internet, etc.) and involves a 2 year agreement, which is why you are being informed of the early termination fee.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

Joyce,

Wow! I am having the same exact problem the only difference is I never cancelled my service. I just received a bill with a termination fee of $532.94. I don't know where or how that happen but they had no problem cashing my check for $156. This is the worst service every and ATT should remove their name from this company. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

I suggest you read article in San Diego Union Tribune July 17,2016titled 'Coping With Tech Support Rage'. These companies are designed to frustrate customers so they give up. Hope this helps. Joyce

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you I will.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Yes, I agree!!  This is the worst system I have ever had.  We have sent back just about all the equipment now because we absolutley hate it!  I'd like to get my hands on the AT&T rep thant sold this horrible system to us.  And yes, AT&T should remove their name from this company.  They are horrible.  WE have not been able to use this system in over a month or so because the batteries are always low.  it truely sucks!  I have not been able to cancel without a huge termination fee either.  No one told me this when signing up!!  poor business ethics!  so frustrated I could scream.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

I too have the same problem with AT&T Digital Life after trying myself to cancel for the last three months to no avail. This is a service I didn't want in the first place but was told it was included in the bundle package of direct TV, uverse Internet and home life security system. I have the names and cards of the sales associates from the at&t store that conned me. I was suppose to be getting only one bill but this has come as a separate bill every month for $24.99 with months of late fees and early termination fee of several hundred dollars. I received a letter from AT&T Digital requesting full payment for early termination and a bill they said was not paid. I am refusing to pay this bill of $539.97 a for service that I stated to the store service rep I did not want or need since i live in an apartment but was told it was part of the bundled package at no cost for the first year for the digital service part of the bundle. I have never once used this and would like someone to come out and remove this equipment. I have tried for several months now to have this taken care of but after countless hours and days speaking with customer service reps, supervisors and retention, I have never been able to cancel this service on my own without the early termination fee and now am being threatened with third party collection. If you cannot take care of this I would appreciate a response with directions for what my next move should be such as writing a letter of explanation to address at Norcross,GA. I have information and names of representatives I have spoken with. Thank you for your time and assistance. Celia G.

Please email me ***

[Edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

I do not accept this two year agreement as a solution, it is part of my compaint as you can clearly see. What is AT&T Digital's next move?

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

I too had the same issue untill i filed a complaint with the BBB

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Did you manage to get this resolved?  I was completed told the service was free and that was not the case.   So disappointed and they want $650 to cancel after the 30 days.  AT&T has been a great company for me but this is a major disappointment. 

• 

1 Message

4 months ago

Thank you for all your post. I was exploring using the AT&T security system. I tried calling and and was transferred to the security department. All I got was a recording and when I pressed an option # I was disconnected. Oh well I guess they just lost another long term customer.

Brand User

Community Support

• 

6K Messages

4 months ago

@ACRev  Hello. Is there something that I may assist you with?

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Get started...

Ask a new question