jm1973's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Mon, Oct 26, 2015 6:03 PM

Digital Life Is TERRBLE!!!

On 10/14 security system was installed and on 10/15 I notified them that the motion sensors were setting the alarm off randomly. On 10/16, I spoke with them and ordered window contact sensors for $89, they scheduled a technician to come out on 10/21, and I did about 40 minutes of troubleshooting. Twenty minutes after the call ended the motion sensors again triggered the alarm.

The appointment window for 10/21 was 8 am to 12 pm. At exactly 12 pm the technician called to say that he was still on a job and did not know when he would be finished. Since I had to go to work I called them to cancel and reschedule but the first available appointment was 10/26.

At this point I'm furious and decided to completely cancel the service. It took almost three hours to cancel and I was transferred back and forth between four departments; I spoke to several managers and service reps (Travis, Bird, Catherine, Maxima); and was told that I may be charged a $300 restocking/uninstall fee. A technician was scheduled to come out on 10/26 to uninstall the equipment from 8 am - 12 pm, it is now 2:01 pm and the technician has yet to arrive.

Since it was installed on 10/14 the security system has not worked correctly leaving parts of my home completely unsecured and EVERY interaction with them has been extremely unsatisfactory (40 minutes of hold time, deliberately evasive responses, outright lies, constantly transferred between departments with each denying that they have responsibility, ridiculously late arrival times if anyone shows up at all.)

Based on my experience I believe this is a systemic problem that is done intentionally to coerce and frustrate customers into keeping the service. At this point I have contacted another security service and I would rather pay more than ever deal with Digital Life security again and I'm so livid that I'm considering finding another internet provider as well.

Community Support

• 

6.6K Messages

6 y ago

@jm1973

We are listening and want to help you! I am sorry to hear of your experience. Our Customer Support Leadership would like to expedite the resolution of this matter if it is not already when reading this message. Please share a little more information by clicking here to send Digital Life a private message. In your message please include:

• Your name
  • Account number (if known)
  • Address
  • Contact number

Thank you again for the gift of feedback. Not only do we look forward to resolving this matter, but we will also use this opportunity to further improve our overall customer experience.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.