Pre-order the New Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 & Galaxy Z Fold4 and, for a limited time, get twice the storage and a free case!
craigknapp's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wed, Apr 3, 2019 12:15 PM

Digital Life Cancellation

I had the absolute worst customer experience in my life yesterday speaking with the AT&T Digital Life.  I will not only ever get this system again when I move into my new home (I thought it was great), I plan on canceling all other AT&T products.  Been an extremely loyal customer for 12+ years.  I was actually planning on joking DirectvNow.

On 02/02 I called in to cancel my service as I was moving.  The landlord at my new residence did not allow me to transfer.  Upon this call the rep did inform there would be a cancellation fee.  Although at the same time she told me I could not have the fee waived until it was charged to my account.  Once that it was charged I could call in and have it removed.  Great I thought.

On 02/21 I called in to make my final monthly payment.  I was told I didn’t even owe the full amount due, but just a prorated amount of $12.64.  I made the payment and was assured multiple times that I would not have any charges going forward.  The rep was aware I was cancelling and made no comment about an upcoming cancellation fee.

On 04/02 I received a voicemail there was an issue with my Digital Life account.  I called and was told by the rep that it was my cancellation fee.  I explained my situation to her and she was not able to do anything.  I asked to speak with a supervisor.  This led to a 10+ minute hold time.  Once she had finally got a supervisor she transferred my call.  The phone rang three times.  The supervisor picked up, but did not utter a word.  They then put me on another 15+ minute hold without returning.  I was fed up, so I hung and called back.

On the return call is was the same run around by the frontline rep.  I asked to speak to a supervisor and finally after another 10+ minute wait, “Rudy” got on the line.  He was at that time the most unapologetic individual I had come across.  It was not his fault that his employees gave out wrong info.  He also informed a “phantom bill” was mailed to me about the charges.  I never received letter to my new address and I had my mail forwarded.  I asked for it to be emailed to me, but he said that isn’t possible.  I had to cut our conversation short as AT&T had already managed to waste my entire lunch break.

I went on the website to find a Twitter handle (which also was a dead end) and saw it was possible to chat.

I spoke with Javaughn after going over my concerns with me he spoke with his supervisor (have chat transcript).  He GUARANTEED me twice on the chat that his supervisor would call me at 530 PM CST (never received call) and my fee would be waived.  Since I didn’t receive the call, I called back.  Little did I know that the worst customer experience ever could spiral down into a black hole of darkness that no customer should ever experience.

After not receiving my 530 PM call, I called again around 545.  I was put through the same run around with the frontline rep.  Placed on hold for 15+ minutes, then hung up on.  I called back again went through the run around and then was connected with supervisor “Clarette” after another 15+ minute wait.  Although the connection was not immediate.  She had to have me on hold for an additional five minutes.  “Clarette” listened to my concerns then after I was finished speaking didn’t respond.  She had herself on mute the whole time.  It really made me feel like she wasn’t listening to my concerns.  “Clarette” then allowed another 5 minutes of dead air trying to pull her systems up.  Upon getting her systems up “Clarette” proceeded to tell me something new I wasn’t told.  Upon cancellation there is a seven day window to send in documentation to show I was moving.  I was not told this on the call from 02/02.  “Clarette” stated that since the notes on the account did not reflect that I was not told that there is nothing she could do.  I stated that I was fine with waiting on the phone while she reviewed the call.  She told me that calls can’t be reviewed and are not recorded.  I brought up the fact that I had a chat transcript and she stated chats are not recorded and can’t be reviewed.  “Clarette” also stated she is the highest form of customer contact for AT&T and that is a frightening thought to all customers.  “Clarette” was the absolute worst individual in customer service I have dealt with.  I was a supervisor at a call center and I would say she was worse than any employee or irate customer I had to deal with.  If you have a complaint system I would like to file one against “Clarette.”

After that horrible experience I went back to chat.  In the past when I have provided AT&T associated with a chat transcript # they can go back and reference it.  I guess that is different with Digital Life.  Marcos couldn’t verify anything and was going to transfer me to his supervisor, instead disconnected the chat.

I chatted back in once again and after a 15+ minute wait I got Carlos.  He didn’t have any better access than Marcos and ended up transferring me to his supervisor.  The chat didn’t work, so surprisingly supervisor “Benjamin C” called me.

On this call with “Benjamin C” he was much nicer than his predecessors, but my concerns won’t addressed and actually I came out feeling worse.  I laid out the timeline of events for “Benjamin C.”  The first thing out his mouth was that all calls are recorded and reviewed, without me mentioning “Clarette” stated the opposite.  He didn’t seem concerned that I was previously told this isn’t the case.  I told him also that I would wait on the line while he reviewed my calls from 02/02 & 02/21.  He stated he doesn’t have access to review calls.  I am guessing he is not truly a supervisor, just a step up from a frontline rep.  I know he wasn’t listening to anything I was saying.  I brought up the fact I was GUARANTEED two things on a previous chat and he seemed to be surprised.  He stated that my “REASONABLE EXPECTATIONS” should be that anything told me to me is not going to happen.  I find that horrible from a consumer standpoint.  My “REASONABLE EXPECTATIONS” are that I am given correct info.  “Benjamin C” went on to tell me that chats are not reviewable and aren’t notated in accounts.  If there is a chance it is notated in the account, it seems to take over 8 hours to appear.  No interaction can be reviewed and only the notes on the account are king.  So my financial status is dependent on the initial notating of an account where I do not believe English is their first language.  “Benjamin C” said he could not receive emails or give out his direct #.  I am sure that is protocol, but I plan on calling him back to discuss his opinions on customer service more.

In the end, over a course of a day “Clarette” and “Benjamin C” both told me straight from their mouth AT&T would rather have a one-time fee than retain a customer paying $300 monthly for other services.  I am leaving my phone service, not adding DirectvNow, and definitely never getting Digital Life again.  A great way to treat a loyal customer of 12+ years.  Thanks AT&T!!!

Community Support

• 

6.9K Messages

3 y前

@craigknapp   Hello. My apologies that you had this type of an experience as this is not the experience we want for our customers. Would you please click on my user name and then click "Send PM" to send me a private message with your name, address (of where you had service) and best contact phone number? I would like to have their supervisor review everything  and handle appropriately as well as I would like to get this billing issue resolved for you. Thank you

Community Support

• 

6.9K Messages

3 y前

@craigknapp  Hello again. I was able to locate your account based off of your forum profile. I left you a voicemail with my phone number to be able to contact me directly at your convenience. Thank you

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.