Pre-order the New Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 & Galaxy Z Fold4 and, for a limited time, get twice the storage and a free case!
pianogal's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wed, Mar 27, 2019 4:05 PM

ATT does not honor 24 month contract

I helped my 85 year old mom sign up for an ATT promotional almost 2 years ago which included ATT digital phone, internet and Direct TV.  The service has been awful but the most recent is beyond comprehension.   She has paid $56.43 a month for since August of 2017 for the internet and phone part.  This month her bill jumped to $69.29.

I spent over an hour on the phone this morning with 3 different representatives.  First they tried to tell me she had asked for that.  Then they tried to tell me she didn't have a contract with them when I was looking at it on her bill. 

Then finally they admitted they had changed the service and the internet level she had was no longer available thus she had to take the new internet.  So I ask why they didn't charge her the same since it was their issue not hers and she had a contract.  They just kept repeating they couldn't honor it because they no longer had that service available.  So I asked if she could get out of the contract.  They said, yes, for $180.00!!!   (the contract expires on July 18, 2019).  I got absolutely nowhere!  It's either pay the extra fee every month through July or pay $180.00.  This is THEIR choice.  Are companies no longer required to honor the terms of their own contracts? 

I asked to speak with a manager and was told there was none available as they were all busy helping other customers.  I insisted so they put me on hold AGAIN, and came back a few minutes later and took my number and told me a supervisor would be calling me back.  No surprise that it's been hours and I have yet to hear anything.  

Community Support

• 

6.9K Messages

3 y前

@pianogal  Hello. My apologies for the issue that you are having.  You posted this in the AT&T Digital Life Forum. Unfortunately, I do not have the knowledge to be able to assist you with this. Have you tried posting this in the internet forum?

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.