Official Solution

bill4002

ACE - Scholar

• 

339 Messages

a year ago

For att tv you need their box.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

1 Message

3 months ago

You actually need a box style Roku. The streaming stick does not have the ability to run this app. But the bigger Roku devices can. 

Jrandomuser

ACE - Expert

• 

9.1K Messages

3 months ago

@bill4002 - You do not need to use the AT&T streaming box to use AT&T TV.  Any of the devices on this page work.  However, none of the devices except the AT&T box support channel numbers.

@Leah0422 - The Roku Streaming Stick name covers a bunch of models (34xx, 3500, 3600, 3800, and 3810) released over the years.  Only the oldest (34xx) is obsolete by Roku's standards, and it is not supported by the AT&T TV app.  All the others are supported (as shown on the list I linked to above), but the model 3500 is getting fairly long in the tooth and may have disappointing performance.  The latest model stick (the 3810, which is technically called Streaming Stick +, and is the only one still in the product line) has hardware (and therefore performance) comparable to the latest Roku "boxes" (except perhaps the Ultra).

@Jessie888 - Do you know the model number of the Roku device you have?  It should be on a label on the device itself, or from the Roku's home page, if you go to Settings>System>About, it will show the model number.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question