Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Mon, Aug 19, 2019 12:59 PM

iPhone app frozen

I have the new AT&T TV app loaded on my iPhone (XR iOS12) and am signed in.  When I pressed start streaming nothing happened.  Exited app now when I go back in it gets hung up on the logo page, wheel spins and spins.

By comparison, no issues with the Fire Stick.

Any suggestions?

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ATTTimCS

Employee

• 

225 Messages

6 months ago

@Abcd4322 wrote:

I have the new AT&T TV app loaded on my iPhone (XR iOS12) and am signed in.  When I pressed start streaming nothing happened.  Exited app now when I go back in it gets hung up on the logo page, wheel spins and spins.

By comparison, no issues with the Fire Stick.

Any suggestions?

Hi @Abcd4322, not all apps have been updated across the various products like Roku, Apple TV, etc.  We hope to have them updated as soon as possible.  If your app has been updated to reflect AT&T TV, but it isn't working as intended, we always encourage you to uninstall and reinstall the app as part of the troubleshooting process.

Thanks

Tim, AT&T Community Strategy

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 months ago

I experienced the same issue on both the iphone, ipad air & apple TV 4.  The menu, guide and recently watched show up but when you select something to watch the screen goes blank,  The iphone and apple TV 4 I haven't upgraded the new app but still using the original Directv Now app.  The ipad air upgraded to AT&T TV, accepted the terms and then experienced exactly the same issues.  Appears to be a apple device issue across all platforms.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 months ago

I uninstalled and reinstalled the ATT&TV app on my ipad air, logged in and got the "Start Streaming" page but clicking on the button did nothing,  Eventually the app returned to the login page with a message of "Oops something went wrong. Sorry for the inconvenience. Please try again later."

ATTTimCS

Employee

• 

225 Messages

6 months ago

@JayhawkDFW wrote:

I uninstalled and reinstalled the ATT&TV app on my ipad air, logged in and got the "Start Streaming" page but clicking on the button did nothing,  Eventually the app returned to the login page with a message of "Oops something went wrong. Sorry for the inconvenience. Please try again later."

Thanks @JayhawkDFW.  We are looking into this, and will notify the thread with what we find.

Thanks

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 months ago

New App not working working on Apple TV.  “Oops Something went wrong. Uninstalled and reinstalled multi times, same issue.  Old app on Amazon Fire working just fine. When will this be fixed

ATTTimCS

Employee

• 

225 Messages

6 months ago

@WhiteDD wrote:

New App not working working on Apple TV.  “Oops Something went wrong. Uninstalled and reinstalled multi times, same issue.  Old app on Amazon Fire working just fine. When will this be fixed

Hi @WhiteDD and community.  The app should be up and running as normal now.  Please close and reopen, and you should be back up and running.  If this is still not working, please reinstall the app.

Thanks

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 months ago

My att app is stuck on the homepage and won’t let me close the app! This has been going on 20 minutes 

phone: iPhone  XR

software: 13.1.2

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

5 months ago

Cut the power and retry.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 months ago

I tried several times, but the soft reset feature doesn't work. Possibly because it's the App that's faulty and not the iPhone. I can access my screen and use quick reply for certain apps, i can even access my camera and flashlight. But my screen is stuck at the launch page of the AT&T App and I am unable to swipe up to access the phone's home page along with the rest of my apps. @bcbsncjlj 

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

5 months ago

Shut down the phone. I f that is not possible then contact support and report the problem Unfortunately no one here in these forums can fix it. Go to https://www.att.com/support/contact-us/att-tv Chat at the bottom of this page. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 months ago

Hi! I am having the same issue... How did they resolve your issue? WOuld you pls share?\

ATT and apple phone customer support were useless.

The ATT app froze my phone and it has been going on for hours. When I asked the customer support representative to report the bug issue he said he has no way to report it... unbelievable...

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 months ago

Unfortunately I had to wait until my battery died.

• 

2 Messages

@_arese You can try a hard restart. After the iPhone restarts, updating this software or upgrading the iOS system can help solve the problem. If you don't know how to repair iOS system, you can try RecoveryTool Fix Recovery.