Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Sat, Oct 24, 2020 10:30 AM

AT&T TV Device

I'm a current U-Verse customer trying out AT&T TV. I have hooked up my TV Device and so far have not been able to login on it, All the updates have loaded. I have reset my password to eliminate that as an issue. I can login to my ATT account and watch ATT TV on my computer with no issues.

I did try to login to the TV Device multiple times with my original password and then with a reset password copied each time from LastPass character by character. 

I'm going to reconnect my U-Verse in the meantime.

I'm trying ATT TV out as a possible replacement for U-Verse but at this point it's not looking good.

Responses

skeeterintexas

ACE - Expert

• 

16.2K Messages

a month ago

So you haven't cancelled Uverse? 

They are no longer selling Uverse so be aware that if you did cancel, there's no going back.

Don't mess with old people.  The older we get, the less "Life in Prison" is a deterrent.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

a month ago

Thanks for the heads up. I'm good with U-Verse until November 2nd. I really want to check out ATT TV as a possible replacement because U-Verse has priced itself out of my options. Of all the streaming options ATT TV has the channel line up I prefer. YouTube TV would be my second choice. I want to see ATT TV on my TV, not on my computer, so I can better judge. 

Thanks again.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.2K Messages

a month ago

All current Uverse accounts are grandfathered so it's not going away on its own but they are not opening any NEW accounts.

Don't mess with old people.  The older we get, the less "Life in Prison" is a deterrent.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

a month ago

I'm 74 years old and living on Social Security so if I decide to keep U-Verse it will be a sacrifice. I hate the interfaces of all of the streaming applications but I'm willing to try ATT TV through the TV device and hope I like it. I have ROKU, firestick, and as of today Google TV and I hate the wasted screen space. I left Google Play Music recently after many years because they shut the doors and moved everything to YouTube Music and it's just not functional for my purposes. I had to move my personal library of 18,000+ songs to another service. I know I'm old and want things to stay as they are but know they won't. I still prefer to read physical books and newspapers even though I could read them on my tablet.

Didn't mean to talk your ear off.

I just got locked out of my AT&T account for 24 hours for too many resets. I'm back on U-Verse and have wi-fi. Guess I'll try to get someone to re-open it when I get up in five hours. 

Take care. 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.2K Messages

a month ago

Call CS at 1-800-288-2020 and say "RETENTIONS" and see if they offer you any discounts.  It's a long shot but worth it.

I'm a senior too....and we have to stick together!

(edited)

Jrandomuser

ACE - Expert

• 

9K Messages

a month ago

What error do you encounter when you try to log in on the AT&T streamer?

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

a month ago

The User ID and password combination you entered doesn't match any entries in our files...I think this is the exact wording. I am locked out of myatt account because of too many retries and don't want to muddy the waters more by attempting to login before my account access is restored.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

a month ago

I have managed to correct my login issues by changing my username and password multiple times. 

Using the att.net address was futile. Once I changed my username to my gmail address the login was seamless.

The ATT TV device was another matter. While watching ATT TV in my browser I got locked out of my TV device for too many login attempts and realized that the TV device was holding the username and password from my previous attempts to login. I did a reset and was able to login with my new username and password. 

Hope this is helpful. 

• 

2 Messages

a month ago

I'm old and have nothing but problems from the tv service since i got it. It a hassle trying to get everything charged on the same time of each month and put on the same billing statement. For a company this big, there shouldn't be these many problems. Maybe if the customer help assistants were based in the USA and spoke better english , things would be better. I also have a Fire tv cube and never have any problems from it.

Get started...

Ask a new question