Announcements
HBO Max - where HBO meets so much more!

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Mon, Jul 22, 2013 5:33 PM

Why is the message light flashing on the handset?

As soon as U-Verse service was installed, the red message light on the handset started flashing.     It flashes all the time even though there are no messages of any kind.   Is there something that needs to be done by AT&T or is this something that needs to be tweaked from the phone side?

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I was able to resolve the issue with help from your suggestion about phone type.   The phone is a Uniden Dect 1580 cordless.    I re-read the user guide and came across the section about flashing message lights.  Flashing means that you have an incoming call or the handset is accessing the answering system remotely.    Since I knew it was nto the latter, I looked more closely at information about messages and found that voicemail is now a function that has been turned on.    I was able to get myself set up with voicemail access and found there were two messages in the queue.    Thank you again!

Anonymous

• 

25.7K Messages

7 years ago

Usually in the phone menu there is a "cancel" message light.  If you post the type of phone you have we can research further.