Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

• 

3 Messages

Wed, Jan 15, 2020 10:26 PM

Phone line not installed (POTS)

I’m really upset due to the fact I was told they are unable to install a pots phone line in order for my husband to come home because he was released from prison and one of his conditions for him to come home is that’s he needs a phone line and at the last minute I was told there is nothing that can be done after I was told a week ago that’s they will be able to install the service because there is not coverage yet where I live however there is a AT&T box across of the street

Responses

SuperMario87

Employee

• 

236 Messages

3 months ago

If POTS is not available maybe you can ask for a digital phone line. same idea different technology

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

• 

3 Messages

We need to have a POTS line due to my husband conditions. But either or I don’t even have internet service yet so I don’t think a digital phone line will be available. What bothers me is that over the phone they said it was available in the area and now we lost a week thinking that it will be installed today.

SuperMario87

Employee

• 

236 Messages

For pots you can check yourself on this site. just put your address

https://www.att.com/home-phone/landline.html

(edited)

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

• 

3 Messages

I just checked and it shows available in my zip code 😡. There is coverage in the houses a block away from here, just not here because it’s a new construction! Which I don’t see how the service can’t be extended soon! Since it’s the only company “available” here!!!

• 

7 Messages

also you do not need pots. They often claim you do. My dad has a pacemaker with VOIP. AT&T no longer offers anything else where I live. Alarms have started using internet with cellular backup and I am guessing many medical devices do as well

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…