Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
nebuna53's profile

Contributor

• 

6 Messages

Saturday, September 29th, 2018 5:18 PM

I cannot use my U-verse phone

I disconnected my AT&T U-verse equipment (TV, internet, phone) while I gave Comcast a trial run, but I never cancelled AT&T. Now I have re-connected the AT&T equipment exactly as it had been, and the TV and internet function properly. The problem is the telephone. The telephone screen says "Check Tel Line," and the line is dead. On top of that, the Chat Live dialog box will not appear on my computer screen when I am at the AT&T Contact Us page. I have visited help forums and found links to the 'correct' Help page and seen page diagrams showing the exact location of the Chat Live dialog box. But it cannot be found where it should be. By the way, I have enabled pop-ups in my computers and rebooted, so that can't be the culprit.

Expert

• 

19.5K Messages

6 years ago

Is your phone corded or cordless?  Are you sure your phone is plugged into the "phone" port on the modem? 

Contributor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

Prior to disconnecting the AT&T equipment, the (white) phone line had been inserted into a three female-to-one male RJ11 splitter that itself was inserted into the DSL port of the router. Following your recommendation, I inserted the phone line into the phone port on the router. It did not work. I still see "Check Tel Line" on the phone screen, and the line is still dead.
I am sure the other (green) line which connects the computer to the router is functioning properly because those components are in good shape. The TV is connected to the router through an HDMI cable.

Expert

• 

19.5K Messages

6 years ago

You can try resetting the modem, but if that doesn't fix it you need to call customer service.  There's two phone connections, make sure you're plugging into the first one.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.