Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
C

• 

1 Message

Sun, Aug 9, 2020 5:07 PM

What am I paying for?

My landline has been unlisted and on the Federal Do Not Call list for many years.  Recently, there has been a huge uptick in spam calls to this number (vehicle warranty, credit card services, roof repair, etc).  Yesterday, while we were gone, there were 10 consecutive messages on our voicemail from the latest icloud scam.  We did a reverse lookup on our phone number, and low and behold, it's published everywhere including personal information.  What the (Edited per community guidelines)!?  

Responses

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

8.4K Messages

a month ago

Unlisted means it's not published in any official phone company listing.  There's quite a few ways a scammer could have gotten your number and published it on the many Internet sites that charge for reverse lookup.  Do Not Call list is government run and in my opinion isn't worth anything. 

(edited)

This is a user to user help forum. It is not an AT&T support site. I am not an AT&T employee, read the ACE's disclaimer at the bottom of this post

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question