Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
R

• 

2 Messages

Thu, Aug 6, 2020 6:04 PM

voicemail setup

I have 2 lines associated with my AT&T uverse.  I want to set up voicemail so that each line's voicemail is completely independent from the other.  I cannot figure out how to do this.

Responses

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

8.4K Messages

2 months ago

I've found nothing searching the forum or google.  Will probably take a call to tech support to see if it can be done. 

This is a user to user help forum. It is not an AT&T support site. I am not an AT&T employee, read the ACE's disclaimer at the bottom of this post

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

2 months ago

Well, now I've tried everything possible, and my conclusion is, no, that can't be done.  It seems that there is only one voicemail box PER ACCOUNT, rather than per LINE.  Stupid, Stupid, Stupid. 

I could live with this one-voicemail box-per-account IF I could forward, individually by line, email and transcriptions, while still having one voicemail box per account.  But, no that doesn't work -- there is a single email for ALL voicemail box messages and transcriptions.  Stupid because there are clearly per line outgoing announcements, but, if one changes the email and transcription forwarding for either line, both lines change.

Stupid, Stupid, Stupid.

AT&T, are you listening?????

Get started...

Ask a new question