robertjeff's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, August 23rd, 2016 5:23 PM

voice mail doesn't work

When my landline numbers is called, it just rings and rings and doesn't go to voice mail.  I set up the greeting and I know how to access voice mail, so that is not the problem.  I called and got transferred twice to someone who could barely speak English.  I went into MYATT and tried to turn it on but it doesn't work.  Your technical support and customer service is not helpful.  Why should I have to go online and set it up ?  Its common sense for you to just turn it on so that after a few rings calls go to voice mail.  It shouldn't matter what type of device or brand I have, and I don't want to set it up on computer or tablet or mobile phone.  I just want the voice mail turned on for my landline !!!!!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

231.2K Messages

8 years ago

Hi @robertjeff,

The feature may be turned off. You will find instructions here on how to turn it on. 

-ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I am having the same issue. When voice mail should answer the ssytem says the number has been disconnected or no longer in service. The Feature Is Turned ON! I have gone through all the steps. Still no voice mail. I had no luck with ATT tech suport either.

Community Support

• 

231.2K Messages

8 years ago

Hi @jamesalan,

The # may need to be activated in the back-end. Call our automated # here: 877-377-0016.

If it does not work, let us know. 

-ATTU-verseCare

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

NO!  It just said my voice mail is activated, and IT IS NOT !!!!!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

Well finally, I'm not sure how I got there, but I finally turned it on!  Thanks for the link!  My God, this service is sooooo user-UNFRIENDLY!!  Why should I have to go through all those steps to turn voice mail on ?  I am a reasonably intelligent adult and I know how to log on to accounts and manage accounts and pay bills online, etc.  I pity older people who don't have a clue how to navigate websites or use a computer.  Your customer service is TERRIBLE, your instructions are TERRIBLE and lack basic common sense for the average user.  You need simple instructions for people who may not be computer-literate.  I had to make a bunch of phone calls and post Community Forum comments just to figure out how to turn a simple ON BUTTON on for voice mail, which should have been turned on automatically when I signed up for the service.  My opinion of ATT UVERSE has plummeted drastically in the last few days to an all-time low.  Especially your foreign customer service reps who cannot speak English clearly or understand a simple question.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

answering machine says "your mail service has not been established".

however, I set up the voicemail and it displays "answering system on"

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.