McCalls's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, August 19th, 2015 11:09 AM

voice mail box full but no messages

My voicemailbox on my Panasonic home phone shows voicemail full.

I have used my phone to access the Uverse mailbox, and it says I have no messages.

I went online and checked my Uverse voice mailbox, and it displays no messages.

How do I empty the "full" voicemail box?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

9 years ago

Sounds like your Panasonic phone answering machine is answering before U-voice voice mail.

Check and delete the messages on your answering machine.  Post up the model number of your phone and I can take a look at the user guide if you don't know how to do it.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

As BeeBee says it sounds like it is on the phone - Mine says press erase two times while the phone is not in use.

Most people use either the U-verse box or the phone. You cannot use both because one answers before the other or is turned off.

Well, ther is a way to use both - set the phone to answer on less rings than u-verse & u-verse will answer only if you are talking on the phone.

If you want to use u-verse, you can program the phone to dial for messages on one button press & you can set u-verse to not require complex login from your home phone - Just barge in to the message list.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

BINGO! thanks --it was the phone answering machine. Never intentionally have turned it on, and it is in an under-used room, so it never occured to me that it could be on. Thank you!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

Imagine my surprise when I found the little red light was on. Thanks for solving the mystery.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

When I receive a call messages can't be left because the recorder says mail box is full, but when I try to erase messages the recording says you have no messages.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I call my home phone and get the same message, then I call my cell phone and get the same on it to. No one can leave messages on either phone.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

Sounds like they both need to be activated. Dial the access code from the phone (*98 is one) or call a tech.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I discovered that even thou the voicemail came to my phone, my mailbox in the cloud still had a copy of some of the messages.  I called my cell number from my cell, entered my password and press 1 to listen to my voicemails and save voicemails.  I then deleted them and now my phone no longer reports your mailbox is 100 full.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I discovered that even thou the voicemail came to my phone, my mailbox in the cloud still had a copy of some of the messages.  I called my cell number from my cell, entered my password and press 1 to listen to my voicemails and save voicemails.  I then deleted them and now my phone no longer reports your mailbox is 100 full.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I have AT&T home phones with answering machine in handset says mailbox is full when friends call but the phone says no messages?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.