AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Learn how to Get the iPhone 12 Now!
W

• 

6 Messages

Wed, Feb 5, 2020 3:32 PM

Time problem

Initially, I set the time and have to reset it because, after a while, it is wrong.

Responses

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

8.7K Messages

9 months ago

On what and what service?

This is a user to user help forum. It is not an AT&T support site. I am not an AT&T employee, read the ACE's disclaimer at the bottom of this post

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

6 Messages

CL82407 cordless phone

mobilemax

Employee

• 

796 Messages

9 months ago

Hello,

Can’t determine what to do without more info, like the device you are referencing. Most time can be set to automatic through the settings.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

• 

6 Messages

CL82407 cordless phone........jumps ahead one hour.

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

8.7K Messages

What service is it on? Traditional landline, digital U-verse, wireless home phone? Is AT&T the carrier? Did it ever work? Do you have it set manually or set to get time and date off the caller ID? Hard to answer your question until all information is known.

(edited)

This is a user to user help forum. It is not an AT&T support site. I am not an AT&T employee, read the ACE's disclaimer at the bottom of this post

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

6 Messages

Magicjack landline

Thr AT&T cordless phone that is experiencing the problem is a recent replacement for my older AT&T phone.

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

8.7K Messages

See page 19 and 26 of the manual found here. Says the time setting being derived from CID default is set to on. So your service is sending you the incorrect time for your location. I don't know enough about magic jack to know if you can set time zone or not and I'm not going to look that information up. You can set your phone manually instead of using the time off CID.

• 

6 Messages

@spoom2 Thanks for the details on what to try. I turned off CID time sync (page 26) and then reset the time (page 19). Now it's a wait and see to determine if this solves the problem. However, even it does, I'm wondering why the default is CID time sync "on"?............is there advantage to having it "on" or a disadvantage to having it "off"?

I will return tomorrow to let you know if the fix was or was not successful.

Thanks.

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

8.7K Messages

The advantage to have it get it's information off the CID is the time will always be correct, unless your supplier is sending it wrong, like in your case. Manually set it will depend on how accurate the internal clock is. If accurate it should be no problem you'll just have to reset on DST and back when the time changes, if you're in a area where it's used.

• 

6 Messages

Thanks for the explanation.

The time is still correct as of today, so the fix appears to be working. I appreciate your help.

Get started...

Ask a new question