Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.
mike53

Mentor

• 

83 Messages

Sat, Jun 1, 2019 10:15 AM

TELEPHONE CUSTOMER SERVICE-ROBO CALLS,

I called AT&T customer service about Robo Calls. First, you get a rep. in an offshore country that dosen't speak English. Then whatever your concern is they have to look in their computer for an answer because they have no knowledge of how to fix anything. You tell them you want to speak with a supervisor in the continental U.S. and they say can't do that?

Second, You ask that caller I.D. calls labeled spam, telemarketer, or unavailable, be blocked and all you get is a tutorial on a long drawn process on how the customer can try to do it their self.

I have downloaded Numerous Norombo apps and logged on to my att and none of it works.

Responses

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

7.8K Messages

9 months ago

No new updates that I can find.  Near as I can tell house and senate bills are still tied up in committee.  Might just be another false government promise.  Or maybe the lobbyist won out.  

This is a user to user help forum. It is not an AT&T support site. I am not an AT&T employee, read the ACE's disclaimer at the bottom of this post

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

7.8K Messages

The TRACED ACT was signed in January of this year. You can find out what's in the act by using your favorite search engine. To see what is coming search TRACED ACT TIMELINE. Most thing don't become mandatory for some time and you'll see the timeline currently goes out to December 2022. So though it's been signed don't expect any big changes for at least a year. This currently only applies to digital services.

This is a user to user help forum. It is not an AT&T support site. I am not an AT&T employee, read the ACE's disclaimer at the bottom of this post

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question