AT&T related help: Landline home phone support

ArturW's profile

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, March 2nd, 2022 8:48 PM

Closed

Remove "new voicemail" notification

I bought a cordless ATT phone answering system yesterday. The model number is DLP73210. Right after installation/setup it started displaying "new voicemail" on the base and handsets, but there are no new messages recorded. Number of messages on the base shows 0 Included quick start guide says nothing about it. I quick google search pointed me to a "clr voicemail" option buried under settings but not much beyond that. I used it, rejoiced for a minute, but soon after the message reappeared. This does not make any sense. Why do I get this and is the "new voicemail" message different from the number of messages (currently showing 0)? Also, is there a way to remove/change the word BASE from the... base? It makes sense to label handsets 1, handset 2, etc but what's the point of displaying it there? I could not find a way to change it.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

17.5K Messages

11 months ago

Page 38 of the manual for DLPXX0 found here addresses this. 

Accepted Solution

• 

2 Messages

11 months ago

Thanks for the link to full manual. It cleared up one thing I already suspected.  The indicator is triggered by my service provider, which in my case is ooma, and it's not related to messages left on this ATT unit. Before posting here I actually logged to my ooma service to see if I had any voicemails and I did not. After reading the manual it occurred to me that maybe there was a message on my ooma box, which is tucked away in a cabinet (I never used it for voicemails). And of course, there was some odd old message there. Once cleared the message on the base went away. 

I know, RTFM, but I figured the quick start had all info that I needed.

Thank you!

• 

3 Messages

3 months ago

Dear AT&T. I have an improvement idea for model CL84307:
Yes we can clear the New Voicemail indicator.
But if it is broken at the telephone company,
(Voicemail even disabled)
and they can't turn it off, due to poor staffing,
the CL84307 should also offer an option to turn it off PERMANENTLY!
Else it will just go back on soon.

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

17.5K Messages

3 months ago

closing topic to further posting. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.