Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
GreenStar's profile
GreenStar
#1 Star!
Supersonic 25!

Mentor

• 

25 Messages

Mon, Apr 3, 2017 9:22 PM

remote access call forwarding access code change

I need to get a new access code (pin) that is used as authentication when I use my POTS service's remote access to call forwarding feature.  Please point me in the direction to where or to whom can help me with this as soon as possible. 

Its seems those I've spoken with aren't familiar with this service and tell me no such thing exists or I'm confused making no progress.  note this feature does not work as the U verse phone feature does.  It cannot be modified online.   it can only be activated over the phone and a description of these feature can be found on page 5 of my local ATT Directory (yes, they still make it and it's current) The page entitled Call Management Features.  Or is explained in great detail on ATT customer guide phone line 1-888-29-GUIDE mentioned on page 4.

Thank you, sorry for the sarcasm

Thanks

ATTHelp

Community Support

• 

200.1K Messages

5年前

Hi @GreenStar,

Sorry for the trouble with call forwarding feature. Visit this link for help on how to get the access code/pin for this feature. Let us know if you have any questions.

-ATTU-verseCare

(edited)

GreenStar

Mentor

• 

25 Messages

5年前

Sorry that was of no help nor was the response from your coworker. It seems you either failed to read the entire second paragraph.  Which was included so hopefully I wouldn't have have simply been insulted, told to I don't understand what I'm talking about, or obviously confused with something other thing thrown out there as a red herring. So I'll give up and move along.

Well I happened to have it addressed by someone competent enough to knew who to ask and get it done.  I ought to post the phone number I used to directly speak to someone immediately, with no robot giving you the run around nor waiting on hold.  About 5 minutes on the phone in total.

Thanks for maintaining the status quo.

• 

1 Message

whats the phone numbe? I live in Paradise CA....the town that burned down a year and a half ago. We still do not have wireline service...so ive added remote call forwarding to my land line but never recieved a PIN ...I need to forward my burned up land line to my cell phone ....please help

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

16.5K Messages

read my other post from two years ago

This is a user to user help forum. It is not an AT&T support site. I am not an AT&T employee, read the ACE's disclaimer at the bottom of this post

Award for Community Excellence 2021 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
GreenStar

Mentor

• 

25 Messages

5年前

Let's give this another go.  After writing letters and being directed to some obscure department that handles ATT&T employees' accounts the kind lady that answered, despite not being in the correct department to help me, knew what I was talking about and had the guy in the next cubicle take care of it for me.

I have since added a second line, again a legacy POTS line that remote call forwarding cannot be managed online.  It took certified letters to get someone able to add this feature to the new line however, like the first line I never received a PIN number.  Surely there is an old copy of Bell System Practices someone could use to look up how to do this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

16.5K Messages

5年前

This link tells you how to use remote call forwarding on POTS and also to call the 800-288-2020 number to order or reset pin.  So you'd assume if you called the listed number they would know what to do to get it set up for you and reset a pin.  If as you've stated they can't help you, try reaching out to a board admin (ATTCares) and send them a PM to see if they can assist. 

Tutor

• 

1 Message

5年前

Let's add that I have spent 2 weeks trying to add this service and can not find a single CSR who has ever even heard of it or can tell me how to add it.  Just terrible.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

4年前

Yep. Here we are in 2019 and I am trying to the same thing, been down all the same roads and with zero success 😞 I think true customer service is a thing of the past, industry wide.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

4年前

Yep. Here we are in 2019 and I am trying to do the same thing, been down all the same roads and with zero success 😞 I think true customer service is a thing of the past, industry wide. I also found the page referenced in your link (above). However, if you look at the top of the page it is clearly for U-verse.

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.