ATTU-verseCare's profile
Community Support

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

Tuesday, July 28th, 2015 3:55 PM

Recent Changes Regarding Battery Backup

BBU.png

Battery Backup Units will NO LONGER be installed with new installations for both Residential and Business U-verse Voice customers.

If you would like a Battery Backup Unit, kindly visit this site for more information on Purchase, Installation, and Setup tips.

If you need assistance with your already owned Battery Backup Unit, visit this site for more information

by ATTU-verseCare

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

1 Attachment

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

9 years ago

Battery Backup Units will NO LONGER be installed with new installations for both Residential and Business U-verse Voice customers.

If you would like a Battery Backup Unit, kindly visit this site for more information on Purchase, Installation, and Setup tips.

If you need assistance with your already owned Battery Backup Unit, visit this site for more information

For more information, visit the AT&T U-verse Voice and TV Terms of Service

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

6 years ago

While the old brick BBU would power your modem to provide power for your internet AND phone, the new modems with the internal battery will ONLY power your VOIP. 

If you don't have Uvoice, don't both buying the battery.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Recently my Router that was installed when I first signed up for Uverse Phone and Internet had a back up battery.....The red light would flash when the power went off. For some reason the router went bad and I returned it per ATT. They sent out a new router and the replacement unit has no battery back up.....The power went off the other day and I noticed no red light was flashing. I called technical support and they said they don't have battery back up's. That's nice! Now when the power goes off on the Island my alarm system goes down, and two alarm contorl pads starts beeping.  I might add the ATT site shows you now have to buy a external back up unit. I feel cheated now!!!!!!!!

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

9 years ago

As stated earlier, battery backups (BBU) are NO LONGER PROVIDED by ATT. 

Either buy one or don't. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Then ATT needs to remove the name "Battery"
on their Routers they are sending out to replace those that fail. That's my .02 cents!

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

9 years ago

The newer RG's still have a slot for an internal backup battery that will power the VOIP features of the RG when power is lost.  AT&T simply no longer fills that slot for you.  However, you can still purchase a battery and install it and have battery backup for your U-verse Voice service.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

And AT&T will be glad to supply that battery for an exorbitant $39.95 !!!

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

9 years ago

Just out of curiosity, is there a reason you can't remove the battery from the unit you are replacing, and install it into the new unit?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I guess you could if you had it. I had no idea the new unit replacement would be without a battery in place. ATT should say something about sending out replacement units without batteries. I am not sure how to get into this new unit.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.