GB777's profile

Mentor

• 

64 Messages

Sunday, March 22nd, 2015 10:43 AM

NOMOROBO - Legit?

Anyone using NOMOROBO to stop robo calls? Is it for real?

I've got 10 blocks for Card Services/Consumer Services and get constant calls from other scammers. If I put a block on the number, a week later they call with a different number.

No, talking to them and asking to be removed from their call list doesn't work as as soon as you mention it they hang up.

I couldn't find anything bad about NOMOROBO and Uverse seems to be on their compatibility list. You need to create an account and give them your phone number.

Thanks

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

With all the various scams on the internet these days its hard to actually determine the ligitimate calls from the fakes!  

Rest assured folks nomorobo is the "REAL DEAL"!

I travel in my work and when i return home for the weekends we are usually bombarded with more calls than you could imagine.

Seriously, we receive from 15 to 25 spam calls in a day!! These calls are on Saturday & Sunday!!

Very Disgusting and frankly upsetting!

NOMOROBO has eliminated my spam calls!!

I have ATT wireless and i whope this service can be added to my wireless numbers as well!!

One of the best programs I have used in years! 99.9% effective! 

David,

ATT/ Uverse customer. Floence, Alabama 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

Maybe NoMoRobo DID exactly what it says once -- but now NoMoRobo works great at blocking robocalls, so long as those robocalls come from anyone other than Cardholder Services.  Calls from the infamous Cardholder Services scam go right through NoMoRobo without being blocked.  It is absolutely amazing how effective NoMoRobo can be against the robocallers that they want to block - so amazing that you just have to wonder why it is that Cardholder Services calls get through every day without fail.  Does Cardholder Services have some magic technology that beats NoMoRobo's filters or could the answer be much simpler?   If the call centers making the Cardholder Services calls really did have some magic technology wouldn't they be selling their service to other companies.  I can't say that NoMoRobo is working with Cardholder Services instead of blocking them, but I will say that all complaints pointing out that Cardholder Services robocalls consistently get through have been deleted from NoMoRobo's Facebook page and the complainers have been blocked from posting on the page.  NoMoRobo's Facebook team tells people reporting problems that they need to contact the support email address,  but all you get if you email their support address is an automatic reply telling you they are too busy to bother responding.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

[Please keep it courteous]

In any event if you are still receiving spam calls go to robo's site and
manually block it. I called their customer service number, they returned
my call and we discussed their services 15 minutes..

I averaged 15/25 calls per weekend from scammers..down to 1 last weekend.

I have manually blocked a couple. But I would say nomorobo has been a good
experience for our home..I would recommend it in a heartbeat to anyone.

If you don't like it disable it! Scammers switch number banks daily. If one
slips by, block it dude!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

Maybe YOU need to take it easy on the insults (which are not acceptable here). 

Then it would be good for you to recognize that you just might not be the only person in the entire world who is technically competent to follow simple directions. 

Reporting the spoofed numbers used by robocallers is just playing wack-a-mole, but I have still reported each and every robocall that NoMoRobo missed.   In fact it was the process of reporting these calls that really brought my attention to the FACT that NoMoRobo simply does not block calls from the scammers at Cardholder Services.  

If you would bother to look at recent reviews for NoMoRobo you will find dozens of others reporting exactly the same thing - NoMoRobo works great for OTHER robocalls, but it is a total failure at blocking Cardholder Services with their "reduce your interest rate" scam.

I can't say whether Cardholder Services has simply developed some magic new technology that consistently defeats NoMoRobo or if something more sinister is involved; but there is absolutely no doubt that NoMoRobo consistently fails to block calls from one well known scammer.

Two things about this bother me:

1) NoMoRobo refuses to acknowledge that there is a problem - and even took the step of deleting numerous posts from their Facebook page made by people describing this specific issue, as well as blocking those people from posting anything on the page.

2) If this really were some magic new technology or technique that enables the call centers placing robocalls for Cardholder Services to consistently beat NoMoRobo how is it that no other company has started using this same technology?  The call centers that make these scam calls rarely work for just one company, but it is only Cardholder Services that is somehow magically able to avoid being blocked by NoMoRobo.

Taken together, those two facts make me wonder if there isn't a much simpler reason why Cardholder Services isn't being blocked by NoMoRobo.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Sorry if I offended you. It wasn't meant to hurt. Didn't think that item through. I have actually inserted credit call  numbers on the nomo site and they were blocked. (i have a friend who works the call center for a large cc company and had him call me 2 days later and robot  blocked them.In any event I spent the 30 minutes on phone  with att tech guys who are exploring their participation in the service.Once again I apologize for the remark.Davidf

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

I have noticed a few call go through. I block their number at Verizon FIOS website.

Scholar

• 

289 Messages

8 years ago

I was getting 3 calls a day, 7 days a week from Cardholder Services. Since I am using Nomorobo I am getting "ZERO" calls from them!

Scholar

• 

127 Messages

7 years ago

You have to have to download the NOMOROBO app.  I'm trying it now.  Just having your cell phone number referred to in their database is not sufficient.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

The app is for reporting robocalls that weren't blocked or the rare valid call that was blocked. These reports SHOULD help the service work better if the same number calls again, but have nothing to do with whether or not an individual incoming call is blocked by the service.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

Totally legit. Your phone will ring one time and if the service picks up that it's a robo-dialer, it rejects the call. I have been using it for a few years now and couldn't be happier. I have it on two landlines and 4 cell phones. It is unbelievable how quiet it is without all of those calls.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.