GB777's profile

Mentor

• 

64 Messages

Sunday, March 22nd, 2015 10:43 AM

NOMOROBO - Legit?

Anyone using NOMOROBO to stop robo calls? Is it for real?

I've got 10 blocks for Card Services/Consumer Services and get constant calls from other scammers. If I put a block on the number, a week later they call with a different number.

No, talking to them and asking to be removed from their call list doesn't work as as soon as you mention it they hang up.

I couldn't find anything bad about NOMOROBO and Uverse seems to be on their compatibility list. You need to create an account and give them your phone number.

Thanks

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

9 years ago

It works as advertised.  I have had it for I would say a year or more.  You will get one ring as it stops the call.  I like that because I know it's working.  Try it.... I think you will like it.

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

It should be noted that although NOMOROBO is excellent, does exactly what it says it will do, and won highest ratings from the FCC and most other commentators, at present (May 17, 2015) it only works on AT&T U-verse, Comcast xfinity, time warner cable, verizon fios, optimum, ooma, broadvoice phonepower, sonic, surewest, voip.ms, voipo, and vonage. Specifically, relative to this forum, within AT&T, they have chosen to make it available only on U-verse.  It will NOT work on AT&T cellular or land lines.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

How do you configure your ATT account to support Nomorobo.  Tech support doesn't have a clue and says ATT doesn't support Nomorobo.  Anyone have details on how to set up the ATT side of things?

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

AT&T has not provided the hooks that NOMOROBO requires to function to this point.  They and Verizon, among others, have cited the fact that FCC regulations require them to be universal provider2 and that their involvement in preventing someone from making a call is in violation off that requirement.  However, the FCC just last week announced that their requirements do not prohibit active call restriction by the end user, such as NOMOROBO provides.  In fact the FCC went a step further and encouraged TELCOMS to actively support such services, so, hopefully we will see a change soon.

Having said this, I have heard that in some very limited markets, apparently on a development basis, it can be made work.  I have communicated with both NOMOROBO and AT&T and neither seems aware of this, so if anyone out there knows truth and hows of this will clue in the rest of us.

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

9 years ago

Keep in mind, this is second hand info at best, meaning hearsay.. so it may not be true..

Having said that, my understanding is, as long as you have a working caller id set up, nomorobo should work, right out of the box.

and, I have seen other inline devices that are also advertised for stopping or blocking unwanted phone calls from number you enter into a list.. and it's a big list (lots of numbers you can enter)

Dunno if this helps, but from what i have seen, nomorobo is for real.

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

NOMOROBO definitely works, *but *it requires certain feedback or hooks in
the TELCOM it is interfacing with in order to work. So far the only phone
service providers that have cooperated have been those providing their
service over broadband (AT&T U-verse, Comcast xfinity, Vonage, Ooma,
Verizon fios....) All major and probably all minor TELCOM *analog and
wireless* providers have not, for their own reasons, provided these
'hooks'. The reason they largely have given is that FCC regulations left
them legally 'exposed' if they cooperated in attempting to disrupt another
user from completing a call. Just last week, the FCC struck down that
argument and went even further to 'encourage' the TELCOM's to support such
services.
This is all stated quite clearly on the NOMOROBO site, though without some
of the background details.
To summarize, if you have one of the broadband phone carriers listed on the
NOMOROBO site, you should be able to follow the directions and it should
work. But as the say (C&P Unfortunately, Nomorobo is not available on
traditional analog landlines or wireless phones at this time.), then join
those of us who are strongly encouraging the analog and wireless carriers
to get on board with the latest recommendations from the FCC.

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

9 years ago

@gls1000 Appreciate the feedback... cleared up details in my mind. high fivers and such.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Nomorobo cannot be used on AT&T wireless. I had it for a while on my internet phone (VOIP). All calls ring to their service. If it is a robo call it stops it, if not it continues to ring on your phone and you can answer. 

Yesterday, the FCC (no relation) approved services like theirs. There was some question whether it was something AT&T could do under the regulations. There is no question any longer, it is approved. I got an email from Nomorobo who suggested I call my carrier to request it, because they do not support it. I got a great customer service rep who talked to me and looked it up and said they suggested I call to request it. Unfortunately, she did not have a way to take and report my request. She said I could write a letter to request it. AT&T has done a lot to improve customer service in recent years, but this is broken. 

Anyway, if you want to request Nomorobo you can write a letter and put it in the mail to:

AT&T

PO Box 10330

Fort Wayne IN 46551

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Have ATT Uverse and Caller ID.  Am trying to set up Nomorobo.  Following the Nomorobo instructions for ATT doesn't work.  Can't find the Manage Features tab on the ATT My Account web page.  ATT tech support has claims no knowledge of this tab on ATT's site or knowledge of Nomorobo.  Nomorobo clearly has screen shots of ATT web page showing the Manage features tab, however current ATT web page does not have the tab.  Perhaps ATT is no longer supporting the feature set?  Can anyone provide detailed info on how to configure an ATT Uverse account with caller ID to support Nomorobo operation?  Any and all help would be appreciated.

• 

25.7K Messages

9 years ago

@1Consumer  Since you can't locate the Portal, you can set up the "locate me" via a code.  Go off hook on your home phone, dial in *313# and put in 866-732-6185.  The 866 number is the Nomorobo number.  Be sure to set up your account on Nomorobo first.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.